item faulty when it arrived

I purchased a drone as a christmas present, so I got it in october, by the time it was opened and we found it didn't work, it was one day outside the return policy by 1 day......... so now the seller is ignoring me.... thinking that's it...... the drone is still faulty, and the fact it was one day over, they should at least respond, and fix the problem..... I have tried going through ebay for help, but of course it continually loops to the fact that return policy has closed......... any help here would be appreciated, even a help desk email would be helpful.

thankyou

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No point contacting ebay CS,  they can not override the 30 day time limit.

Try making a claim via paypal, if that is how you paid.   You have 180 days there.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Always check an item upon receipt. You only have 30 days in which to lodge a dispute.

Seller is under no obligation to respond - not their fault you didn't do your due diligence!

Ebay is not like the real world. When purchasing from an Australian shop or their online equivalent, you are easily able to return it and/or if it develops a fault, you have Australian backed warranties to cover you.

Not so with Ebay. You have a limited time to take action, and there are no genuine warranties on Ebay, no matter what is stated in a listing. Once you are outside 30 days, that's it. 

As suggested, try opening a case for "Item Not as Described" in Paypal, if that's how you paid. If the seller wants it back, they will need to provide a postage label (if registered domestically), or they will need to send postage funds (if registered overseas). Never be out of pocket on postage for a faulty item.

You can see where your buyer is registered by looking in their feedback/about section.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

As already suggested, try PayPal if you used PayPal.

I understand it was a Christmas present, but you should still have tested it.

I always test everything immediately, and if I don't need to use an item in the first 30 days, I still test it a few times during the first 30 days.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply