layby

online ebay layby would be great lots miss out only cause they need couple weeks to pay we need to make it easy for all people like me just today and last week found bag for 50 and jeans for 60 i wanted bad had i been able to layby would of payed in 3 weeks something to think on anyway

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: layby

imastawka
Honored Contributor

That's what credit cards are for - buy now, pay later    big grin smiley.gif

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

No thanks.

Can you imagine the problems associated with postage times.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Layby on Ebay.!!!..good grief that would be a disaster for smaller sellers trying to keep track of payments... Non paying and tardy buyers are bad enough but giving buyers more chances to "miss" with multiple or deferred payments would be not worth the possible few extra layby sales a month.

If you can't pay within a few days don't click on Buy It Now or make a bid.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Very Bad idea but keep trying

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Paypal buyer protection only applies if goods are paid in full.  What would you do if not as described or didnt arrive?  You have no come back whatever. 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I prefer having to pay quick. If I got an item on layby, I'd probably get around to paying and think "what the heck did I want this for?" Whereas paying upfront means I have to really think if I need the item I'm buying.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

At the moment, it just isn't that sort of a sales site.

Your idea would probably only work with big stores that had an ebay presence or else in real life stores.

There are still a few smaller sellers & private sellers around on ebay and if it is a mum & dad seller, they just want to sell their item and move on, not hang around waiting for small payments.

I could see huge problems happening if people paid progress payments over a few weeks, only to find the seller had up and gone.

You don't find layby on Catch of the Day or other similar sites.

It sounds as if you are steering clear of credit card dependency & getting into debt. Wise move.

My advice would be-although it is hard, why not put away eg $5-$10 a week into a money box or spare purse or special bank account.

Or have an amount taken out of your pay and put in an account.

Then when you see something you like, you'll know exactly how much you have put away and whether you can afford it.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Depending on your seller have you actually contacted any of them and asked if they would mind a delayed payment? If a buyer contacts me prior to buying and asks if they can have a couple of weeks to pay (especially if it is for more than one item) then I am happy to oblige although I make it very clear that if payment is not received on the promised date a dispute will be opened immediately.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply