mobile phones

I am new to ebayI recently purchased a phone, paid with paypal and received the following message: We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter." No tracking number, would this be fraud, does this mean that I need to claim thru paypal.  Any assistance would be great

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

mobile phones

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is hardly fraud just because there is no tracking number.   Many items are not sent with tracking.

Have you allowed a reasonable amount of time for the item to arrive. bearing in mind that mobile phones must be transported by road within Australia?

If you have allowed enough time and the item has not arrived you can open a dispute in paypal.  Give the seller a few days to respond before escalating to a claim.  You should receive a refund within 10 days or so.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

mobile phones

By the look of the Op's statement, the phone will not be arriving any time soon because there was obviously something amiss with the listing, that's why it has been removed, so advising the writer to give it more time? I'm more than a little confused Lyndal.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

mobile phones

Just out of interest, did you purchase it within Australia or was it from Overseas ( namely China ) When did you purchase it ? 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

mobile phones

so advising the writer to give it more time? I'm more than a little confused Lyndal.

There are many reasons why items get removed, it can be because fees have not been paid, because of a minor listing error that has nothing to do with the delivery of the product etc. If the buyer opens a dispute and the seller has proof of posting the dispute will be closed in the seller's favour. If the goods then turn up and prove to be faulty the buyer cannot re open the dispute. Giving it a reasonable time to arrive lessens the likelihood that anything will arrive.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

mobile phones

Is the Seller still a registered user ?

If no and/or  your purchase was from a 0 feedback ID or an ID that has built up their feedback buying/selling very cheap items, it was

probably one of the numerous fraudulent listings that appear on ebay daily.

The non existent items are  listed by Scammers using copy/paste of real sellers' listings.

IF this is the case, log on to Paypal and see if you can cancel your payment.

If you can't , open a Paypal Dispute and escalate to a claim as soon as the system allows.

Beware of spoof/phishing emails you may receive. Don't open them and don't click on any links.

Run all your spyware , keylogging and virus protection and change all your passwords regularly

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

mobile phones

@audistarelectronics wrote:

By the look of the Op's statement, the phone will not be arriving any time soon because there was obviously something amiss with the listing, that's why it has been removed, so advising the writer to give it more time? I'm more than a little confused Lyndal.

It would not be the first time that ebay has removed a listing AFTER it has ended and been paid for and sent.  IMO it is a lot easier to wait a while before jumping into a dispute...if the item arrives and you have been refunded then you have to pay again.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply