mobile phones

I recently tried to buy a battery for my mobile phone but the seller says the batteries are no longer available buy he is still selling the same phones is this right as he is selling throw away phones once the battery dies which could happen within weeks.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

mobile phones

Buying phones, batteries and electrical items from random sellers could be a recipe for disaster.

Very possibly cheap Chinese knockoffs which are a fire hazard.

What is the item number?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

mobile phones

But my question was.Why does Ebay allow merchants to sell mobile phones knowing the batteries for those phones are no longer available so phone is a throwaway after dead battery?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

mobile phones

My really - really - smart phone is now about 8 years old - second battery pobably 4 years old - but bought through the manufacturer.

Wasn't expensive.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

mobile phones

@lamptable wrote:

But my question was.Why does Ebay allow merchants to sell mobile phones knowing the batteries for those phones are no longer available so phone is a throwaway after dead battery?

It's called Buyer Beware.

Everyone should do rheir own research before buying.

On each and every listing is the term -  Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

Not ebay's problem

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

mobile phones

How would eBay even know anything about it?

Why are buyers buying phones from just anybody in the first place?

And keeping such sellers in business 

If buyers stuck to authorised sellers (if they simply must buy a phone on eBay in the first place) there would be no issue

Phones from random buyers have zero warranty and all the risks that come with it

Including burning your house down, and maybe taking the neighbours with it

'Throw away' phone is the very very least of the problem ''

Regardless of how 'lucky' one has been so far

Luck runs out

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply