new **bleep**py ebay package tracking system

ebays **bleep**py postal  tracking system is rubbish. along with pitney bowes   removing items they deem inappropriate and refunding the purchase price  is crazy, i recently had an item removed after i purchased an d paid for. it was not an illegal import in my country, a small hunting knife, why did they allow it be listed in the first place. ebay love to be dictatorial, i've had my fill of them. 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Why shouldn't Ebay allow the listing? As long as the item does not go against Ebay policy, the seller can list it. The main issue here is that the seller has used Pitney Bowes and the Global Shipping Programme.

If the item is legal to list and legal to import, then it would have been better for the seller to send it as a regular parcel with their country's carrier but many sellers sign up for the convenience and don't realise that PB is quite arbitrary in their handling of goods - from confiscations to repackaging and breakage.

If you see a listing where the seller is using PB/GSP, just write and ask them if they can send with USPS instead (cost will be cheaper too).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Why shouldn't Ebay allow the listing? As long as the item does not go against Ebay policy, the seller can list it. The main issue here is that the seller has used Pitney Bowes and the Global Shipping Programme.

If the item is legal to list and legal to import, then it would have been better for the seller to send it as a regular parcel with their country's carrier but many sellers sign up for the convenience and don't realise that PB is quite arbitrary in their handling of goods - from confiscations to repackaging and breakage.

If you see a listing where the seller is using PB/GSP, just write and ask them if they can send with USPS instead (cost will be cheaper too).

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Pitney Bowes have a blanket ban on any sort of knife. Period. Attested to in many other threads, some of which you probably should have read pre-purchase.

Nothing to do with eBay.

Ps. There are many suppliers of knives in Australia. I have a large hunting knife, very good quality, bought in Australia, thus supporting the Australian economy, not the US economy.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

P&B even prohobit a simple butter knife.

I wept onto my soggy toast upon realising that. To obtain the butter knife that I wanted, I was obliged to find an alternative way of going about it. I ended up ordering direct from the silversmith company who could send from the UK to Australia without an issue.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I buy my butter knives from Woolies or Big W.

I don't need silver, however, just utility. Like my 25cm blade hunting knife. After 45 years it is still balanced enough for throwing.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Stainless steel.

Silver is quite tiresome to keep in good condition.

Do you hunt rabbits?

I'm more of a moth-hunter... but I don't hang up their heads on my walls.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Rabbits, feral pigs and roos, in the past. But I used a gun, not a knife, to kill them. The knife was for trimming and skinning.

No trophies, they are for wannabees

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

That settles it. The fruit flies that I hunted are also going to keep their heads. They'll be dead but without the decapitation treatment.

Anyway, there we are. Knives of any sort - even just cutlery sets - are problematic when ordered from an overseas seller, if they are opted in to the GSP.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

your also sound like a nut!

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

another nut job.just stick to the subject

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply