non contact from seller

recently i bought from <Removed> they r a store but they dont answer emails or ebay messages and im starting to get worried they say they have shipped but i spole with aunstralia post and all they did was lodge a number with them they dont have my parcel or anything at all and its due in 5 days coming from china paypal or ebay wont do anything till 10th june but i wanted my item when im ment to get it but i cant contact the shop at all and im worried they have taken my money 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

non contact from seller

@drewashleigh83 wrote:

recently i bought from <Removed> they r a store but they dont answer emails or ebay messages and im starting to get worried they say they have shipped but i spole with aunstralia post and all they did was lodge a number with them they dont have my parcel or anything at all and its due in 5 days coming from china paypal or ebay wont do anything till 10th june but i wanted my item when im ment to get it but i cant contact the shop at all and im worried they have taken my money 

If they have marked the item as shipped, it probably is on its way.

They may not answer queries on messages-they should, but I guess it depends on whether anyone there can speak English.

When you buy from China. it can easily take at least 3-4 weeks before it arrives. The seller may have posted it out within 24 hours but that doesn't guarantee you'll get it exactly when you want it.

The estimated arival dates that ebay puts in the ads-they are just that, estimates. They aren't in charge of China mail or Australia Post. They are not a guarantee the item will arrive by then, they are a guide only.

If ebay won't do anything about it before 10th June then it means they don't consider it overdue till then.

If you wanted something urgently, you really would have been better buying from an Australian seller or a real shop.

You won't lose your money. If the item never arrives, you will be able to claim on ebay or paypal. Later.

That doesn't mean you will get it early or exactly when you want it though.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

non contact from seller

I'm not sure I follow how you would know when you are 'meant' to get it?

Nobody knows how long the mail willl take, ebay's estimates are guesses and way off,usually

Not to mention you also have another country's postal system and customs on top of that

LOCAL mail is lucky of it arrives in 5 days these days 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

non contact from seller

If it's coming from China, then the tracking number won't show up on the Aust Post tracking until it's delivered. Even then it still may not show. AP won't have any record of it, nor do they have any control of it until it arrives in Australia. Try putting the tracking number into the China Post website. Even it may not show anything. It doesn't mean the seller hasn't sent it.

As for the not replying to messages, not everyone in non English speaking countries speak English (oh the horror!). If you wrote them a message like the one you've written here, then any translator they used would have come up blank. 

Allow minimum 4 weeks from China. Forget those ridiculous dates eBay puts in the listing. They are estimates, not guarantees. If your item hasn't arrived in 4 weeks, come back here and someone will tell you how to proceed.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply