EBAY GLOBAL PRIORITY SHIPPING PROGRAM IS NOT MUCH OF A PRIORITY

waiting on two items from different sellers in different states of the usa being shipped via the ebay global shipping program which says on every listing will be sent via priority shipping. after checking the tracking information one item sat at the global shipping center for four days and the other sat at another center for six days before being processed and sent on thier way.

are they usually this slow considering one item is the size of a cigarette packet and they charged me $49.00 AU for postage...

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

ALWAYS ask the seller if they can send through 'normal' post instead of using expensive & slow Global Shipping - some are happy to oblige
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

You're lucky they were out in 4 and 6 days. Some sit there for weeks before moving. It's the slowest delivery method in the history of postage. Not to mention outrageously expensive. Only time it's worthwhile is if the item is large and bulky. Then it works out way cheaper than USPS.

I did read ages ago somewhere that if the seller puts the correct weight and package dimensions in the postage section in the listing the cost can be a bit more reasonable, but not sure if that's applicable any more.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

i think sellers use the GPS believing it helps in thier favor if a lost item claim is ever lodged.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Yes,  they're protected against neg fb and defects

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I suspect, however, that a lot would not post overseas if the GSP wasn't available, so it can be a balance. This certainly seemed to be the case when the GSP was first brought in.

If the item is only available from a limited few sellers in the US (or UK) who won't post using other methods (that leave them liable to buyer whim and the MBG), I suppose there is not a lot of choice.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

While the GSP is advertised as a Priority service, Pitney Bowes only pays FedEx for an Economy service....and that is once it leaves the USA.  It is Pitney Bowes and the USPS that holds things up in the USA.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I get stuff from California in 2 working days, International Economy, so it shouldn't take too long once PB finally release things.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Word around the traps is that FedEx cannot cope with the amount of freight involved once it gets here.   It can be held up for days once it clears Customs here before it is finally handed out to AP or delivered by FedEx themselves or another company if FedEx does not cover an area.

I assume your items come USPS International Economy.....as far as I am concerned USPS is by far the best option for both speed and cost.  Personally I like USPS First Class with e-Delcon.  Much faster and cheaper than the GSP.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Word around the traps is that FedEx cannot cope with the amount of freight involved once it gets here.   It can be held up for days once it clears Customs here before it is finally handed out to AP or delivered by FedEx themselves or another company if FedEx does not cover an area.

I assume your items come USPS International Economy.....as far as I am concerned USPS is by far the best option for both speed and cost.  Personally I like USPS First Class with e-Delcon.  Much faster and cheaper than the GSP.

Sorry. FedEx International Economy. Longest it's taken out of 4 orders is 4 days. Last lot, a couple of weeks ago, was ordered Friday evening here and arrived Tuesday morning.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply