postage charges

I recently purchased an item Piad for as soon as auction finished and then I get an email from the seller staing they made a mistake on the postage charges and want anoth 4.75  The sller advised me that the item needed a three kilo bag hence more postage I have since recieved the item i have not paid the extra postage am i obligated to pay the extra Or should I email the seller and say you quoted on the listing the postage or forget it and just pay the extra  If I had of know I was going to have to pay more I wouldnt have purchased the item in the first place

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: postage charges

It is $4.75 not $47.50

No you are under no obligation to pay more than the advertised amount.

So your choice if you want to ignore the request for the whopping $4.75 or if the seller is new cut them some slack and send it to them.

If you pay for it with paypal though they will get little of it by the time they take the fees out so ask for their bank details and send IF you decide too.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I have since I posted this I have looked on the site and every single item is 7.00 postage Doesnt matter what it is. I think this seller needs to put proper postage on her items for sale. i am not at all concerned with paying the extra 4.75 postage It is just that I find this very misleading 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I wouldn't pay the extra, new seller or not. A new seller needs to learn quickly they havet to put accurate postage costs in their listings.

If buyers did pay  the extra the new seller will think they can get away with wrong postage amounts in listings.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

They have probably allowed a 500gm bag for all their items (plus whatever handling they are adding, unless its express), and then this one item was unexpectedly heavier/larger than what they usually sell.

80% of my stuff goes in 500gm stachels, a few letter rate, and the remainder 3kg. I got jack of making errors like this so I just list everything the same and postage will be whatever it is, I dont list it as an extra cost.. Buyer is going to pay whatever total $ they are happy to pay breaking it down to item & postage makes no difference except to open the doors to issues like this. I don't know what my items are going to cost to post for sure until I pack them. 

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply