postage quotes

freight costs quoted $71.10 for 20 sets ear phones for iphone 5

being in a shipping job i know the cost of freight all in a 3 kn express bag max $20

told the seller was too high i get this back

"Hi buddy,
We need to get some profit from the postage. This is the reason why our single unit is so cheap.""

i thught actual postage cost were suppose to be quoted??

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: postage quotes

They can charge for handeling costs but i believe not to make profit off it. I would report that message they sent.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

As a seller I charge the cost of postage plus packaging and handling - which by the way is never more than $1.00 above the actual cost of postage - and is enough to cover the costs in most cases of envelopes and other packaging materials for the small items I sell.

I believe, but someone may correct me if I'm wrong - it is against ebay policy to make a profit from the postage/packaging and handling component of a sale.

And yes, I'd be pretty cheesed off at that price if the actual cost really is around the $20 mark.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

They can charge for handeling costs but i believe not to make profit off it. I would report that message they sent.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

As a seller I charge the cost of postage plus packaging and handling - which by the way is never more than $1.00 above the actual cost of postage - and is enough to cover the costs in most cases of envelopes and other packaging materials for the small items I sell.

I believe, but someone may correct me if I'm wrong - it is against ebay policy to make a profit from the postage/packaging and handling component of a sale.

And yes, I'd be pretty cheesed off at that price if the actual cost really is around the $20 mark.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Excessive Postage and Handling Policy

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Jeepers Crikey, that link's getting a good work out tonight.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Jeepers Crikey, that link's getting a good work out tonight.

I like to help

shuffle.gif

angelic.gif

Spoiler
did it work this time?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply