postage

to all coin sellers re combined postage, i have been buy coins for a while now and the biggest problem in this section is the blatant postal profiteering and refusal to combine post i have received 1 death threat and 3 threats of home invasion from members about this i dont mind paying reasonable post rate and small fee for each additional item some sellers are demanding ridiculase rates[up to 15.00] and wont combine post than send item in standard envlope plus 60c postage a good example say post is 2.00 for post and handling and i buy 10 coins total 20.00 and some sellers actually expect you to pay that if you say that you wont pay this they put you into dispute to cover their on disgusting behahavuor so to all you postal profiteers up yours to all buyers if you come across this and still want coins demand that they send coins packaged and post separetly that buggers them up a bit as they cant refuse as it is your right

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

postage

Actually, there is nowhere that says sellers have to combine postage.. It is not the buyers right, it is up to the seller if they choose to or not..

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

postage

Why don't you just buy one a day and pay separately, if it bothers you so much.

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

postage

True patch, and OP, if I were receiving death threats I would be going to the police.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

postage

"annies_fancy=dress"  Why don't you just buy one a day and pay separately, if it bothers you so much.

That would defeat the point of combined postage.  A seller might not be obliged to do combined postage, but if he doesn't his sales will drop. 

I work in a distribution company and if multiple orders are going to same company, we charge one delivery fee.

In fact if you bought multiple items from the same ebay seller and he tried to charge you separate freight for each, when you can be sure he will send them altogether, he would probably violate ebays postage laws about excessive postage charges.

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

postage

The point, Karen, is that the seller is charging the aggregated postage.

What you, and most sellers, do is irrelevant.

Paying for each item separately forces the seller to send them separately or they won't have Paypal protection.

Charging separate freight for each item is NOT an eBay violation, however immoral it may be.

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

postage

In fact if you bought multiple items from the same ebay seller and he tried to charge you separate freight for each, when you can be sure he will send them altogether, he would probably violate ebays postage laws about excessive postage charges.

No, no violation there. When a buyer bids or buys they agree to the costs as shown on the listing. No seller is under any obligation to discount postage even if they do combine the items in one parcel.

Integrity is priceless.
โ€œI would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheatingโ€. Sophocles
Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

postage

Stand me corrected then.

As a buyer though, if I bought multiple items from same seller and he sent all in one package, but charged me postage x 5, I would never buy from that seller again.

Whether ebay allows it or not, the seller is gouging his customers on postage and making a handsome profit from postage alone.

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

postage

Yes I agree, however it's still not a violaton of policy. This is why it's important to check on postage discounts (not combining postage, those are two different things) before placing bids or buying.

Integrity is priceless.
โ€œI would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheatingโ€. Sophocles
Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

postage

Here's a quirky scenario - buyer purchases 5 x single items - asks for 'combined etc' - Seller agrees - buyer pays paypal on combined invoice - parcel arrives - only 4 items in parcel - OMG - WTF does paypal do??? how can you prove how many/few were posted in ONE parcel ? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 10 of 33
Latest reply