toll delivers my parcel to wrong street dumped near footpath

jbmbkb
Community Member

been waiting for an item which cost me $340 and found out it was delivered to a totally different street and left on the footpath near a persons letterbox , it seems that toll drivers just dont care about where they drop off parcels , im very lucky because a person from across the road from that address is an honest person and found my email to let me know its with him and to come and pick it up. is this a common thing for toll as with the amount of missing parcels i had lately is making me scared to buy anything on ebay.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Definately not good.

If you have the Tolls consignment number I would be on the phone to them straight away to find out the problem.

I would also nitify the seller as ultimately he is the person using Toll.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I get a bit of stuff through Toll and I've never had that problem. I find they are usually pretty good.
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

jbmbkb
Community Member

i have only had 1 other delivery through them and it was delivered correctly ,but i cant understand how a driver can be so incompetent to deliver to a totally different street name and a different house number when the parcel was addressed correctly , i should let the seller know about the courier used because if i wasnt honest i could easily open an inr on the seller and win , but i wouldnt do that my concience wouldnt let me.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

That is definitely not usual for Toll....they are usually very fastidious about delivery addresses and obtaining signatures unless you have given them an Authority to Leave.

Something sounds very wrong with that story and I would advise you to follow it up with Toll.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Toll's website for feedback. 

https://www.tollgroup.com/feedbackform

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

thanks for the link ill use it ...no authority to leave.... id never let them just leave it anywhere as id rather have to pickup from a depot if i had to just to ensure i got my parcel ,the parcel was supposed to be signed for , it had a signature required sticker on it .

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Sounds like you may have been unlucky and struck a lazy or incompetent driver. If he's  done it to you he may well have done it to to thers also. Toll definiely need to be made aware of this.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

I am at a loss to see how this has anything to do with eBay

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I am at a loss to see how this has anything to do with davewil Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply