"Asian sizes" in Australia!!!!

It's infuriating when ordering "Extra Large" men's shirts and when they arrive, they're way too small. Then *I* am stuck with the cost of postage, or the sellers try to negotiate a pittance of a refund, saying I can then keep a useless item.

Ebay is becoming ridiculous.

So many list items as being in Australia, when they are drop-shipped from China and end up taking ages to arrive.

I think maybe it's time to purchase elsewhere.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: "Asian sizes" in Australia!!!!

Why is Ebay becoming ridiculous?

Sellers are responsible for all information in the listing, not Ebay. Did the sellers give measurements in the listing, or did they just say S,M,L, XL etc? If so, I would never have purchased without having measurements upfront.

You should not be stuck with postage if the item does not match the description or is defective. If you ordered a size XL AND there were measurements, and the size they sent was an XL with different measurements, then you only  need to open a case for Not as Described and the seller will need to send a label or postage funds if they want it back.

If, however, you ordered an XL and there were NO measurements, and you want to send it back, then you are responsible, but it's often not worth the cost to change your mind.

You never need to "negotiate" with a seller. Just open the case and ignore all attempts to close it until you have a refund.

Please review the buyers guide of what to do when things go wrong. You have been a member for more than 20 years - how come you have not worked out Ebay's procedures yet?

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If sellers only indicate S, M, L etc. it is also a good idea to actually ask for measurements, as even within Australia such measurements can vary considerably.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If an item takes ages to arrive, well outside the ETA, then don't mess around, open an item not received claim through ebay.

My general experience is that some things are drop shipped or look to be, but usually the ETA is a give away. Most sellers who are drop shipping cover themselves as they know a buyer can make a claim after the ETA passes. So, if you see an item as listed here but taking 4 weeks to arrive, just be suspicious and move on to other ads.

As for sizing, even in Australia, so much depends on what brand an item is. I've occasionally wandered through some of those Teen type clothing shops with people and seen what they label as XL, and in lots of other stores, I'd guess the items would be lucky to be a size 12. That was women's clothing, admittedly.

Clothing is always a bit of a minefield unless you have the measurements or can see the item in person.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply