"Your payment option does not work"

Hello everyone,

Recently I purchased an item on eBay and received a message a long the lines of (sorry, we don't know the exact wording, as she didn't get a screen shot): "Your payment option does not work, please choose another payment option." I then tried to use that payment option again (eBay connecting to PayPal), and received the same error. When I checked my bank account balance, the purchase went through twice. The payment is sitting in pending; however, PayPal and eBay both do not have a history of the double purchase. I would assume that the money will bounce back? Or is there a delay in the purchase trail appearing in both eBay and PayPal?

Kind regards

Camilla

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

"Your payment option does not work"

This may depend on how recently the payments were made. It hasn't happened for a while, but occasionally I get orders come through where the PayPal payment is immediately rejected by PayPal, but I actually get a payment notification as if I was paid correctly. No order appears on eBay though, and never does. I've asked a couple of buyers about what happens on their end in this scenario, but unfortunately no one has ever replied so I don't know if this matches what happened with your order.

If you can locate the item / seller, I would contact them to ask if they have a record of the transaction on their side, and what's happening with it. 

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply