refund

I bought a hand bag for a gift. It started falling apart within a couple of weeks. Faulty, the seller promised me a full refund after a lot of back and forth and sending photos etc. 12 days later and still no refund even though he said it has been refunded, it has not.  So what now, so hard to get help with a different problem that isn't the norm.  Please help I am an aged pensioner and can't afford to just let this go and buy another.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: refund

Use eBay's MBG (see below) to open a dispute if you still have time.

Stop communicating with the seller and DON'T close the dispute until you are completely satisfied with the result.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

you need to lodge an 'Item Not As Described' claim

Ask eBay to step in and help for buyers | eBay

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

It;s too late for that, the fault didn't appear till a couple of weeks later and then it started to fall apart.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Too late for that, anything else i can do please?

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

What you needed for this was a product warranty. That’s why it’s best to buy certain things from an Australian seller, one who’s authorised to sell particular items and has an ABN.

If the bag wasn’t as described on arrival, you’d have a case under PayPal Buyer Protection (assuming you paid through PayPal).

If you didn’t, but you paid by your credit card, you can ask your bank for a chargeback.

Bear in mind that you must act within the relevant timeframes. 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I purchased this from an Australian seller.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I am very annoyed I can't even get to contact anyone at Ebay. I have bought thousands of things from e bay and have always had a great experience and comments are A1 from all I have bought from. Now I need help and am not happy I can't get on to anyone in the company to talk to about this seller. I have all the proof they promised a refund and said they have refunded me and they haven't. Thinking of not ever buying again and I do spend thousands on here. not happy. 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks everyone for your replies appreciate it.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Why can't you open an item not as described dispute? You have 30 days from the delivery date through ebay. If you paid with PayPal, you have 180 days. Stop communicating with the seller, you are wasting your time. That said, if you paid with a credit card, the money will go back to that, but it can take a few days to show up. No idea why. 

If you did pay with a credit card and a refund doesn't appear, you can request your bank to do a chargeback, as already mentioned.

As for being an aged pensioner, no one here really cares. Most of the regular members here are aged pensioners, or getting close to it. You said you spend thousands, so it can't be that big an issue. In the meantime, try and open a dispute with ebay. If you are too late for that, try PayPal if you paid that way. If you didn't, and you paid with a credit card, start a chargeback.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply