refunded item listed as unpaid

sewcilla
Community Member

I bought an item, not as described, seller agreed, I returned the item, got a refund, now my summary says I have an unpaid item. How do I fix it?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: refunded item listed as unpaid

To the right of item in your purchase history, select "Mark as paid".

If the seller has opened an unpaid item case to get fees back, which I don't believe they should be able to in these circumstances, contact ebay and explain it was paid, returned and refunded so you don't receive a strike on your account.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I had that happen when I had a parcel not arrive and got a refund. The item was listed as unpaid. It just dropped of my page after awhile. I wasn't so worried about it as the seller became unregistered during the transaction.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If a payment is refunded for whatever reason the item goes back into your Purchase History as awaiting payment.  It remains there until it disappears into Archives....or you can archive it yourself.

The seller should not be able to open an Unpaid Item dispute but if it does happen just answer that you did pay and the payment was refunded.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you for the reply.

There was no unpaid item case. The return was amicable. The seller was fantastic.

The item was a well known brand of doll and the toy store sold it with the description given to them by the distributor.

The store was just as surprised as I was to discover the description was wrong and they immediately rectified the problem.

The unpaid item seems to have dropped off my summary page all by itself.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Good result. Thanks for letting us know. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, as I told you, the item will automatically go to Archives after a certain amount of time if you have not manually Archived it.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply