refunds

Hi, I have purchased an item and paid for it on the 15/6 I message the seller to find out if it was posted so lucky i did as it was not posted only then was i told the item I brought is not in the color I had chosen as they were robbed and were waiting for police but they offered other colors I paid  commonwealth bank to commonwealth bank the money has been in there account now there telling me they are ringing the bank when I gave the proof and receipt number for the transaction i chose the color as i wanted that color and not in a different one ,how long should the refund  to take? as I am not a happy chappy

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

refunds

Unfortunately you have no protection if paid by DD.

Always use PayPal if the item is to be sent to you.

Sounds suss and a little like they are trying to string you out beyond the deadline to leave feedback.

(I have become cynical since seeing so many scammers)

It could be genuine though and I would suggest messaging they have 48 hours to return the funds to your account.

image host
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

refunds

They have sold  over 11878 items on ebay this is what can not understand i have proof the money was sent but they tell me they have to ring the bank like come one guys this is BAD business and if i manage to get my money back i will not be leaving nice feedback either

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

refunds

I guess only being purchased recently and a weekend in between they need to check the funds are cleared into their account before sending funds to you.

They may have been genuinely robbed and that is not really the sellers fault.

image host
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

refunds

Don't use bank deposit if getting itemsd posted to you. It is far easier to recover your money, if things go wrong, using Paypal. it costs the buyer nothing, so there is no reason to not use it for posted items.

You are entirely at the mercy of the seller as you have waived all your protection. They will also need your bank details in order to refund. I suggest you keep it polite in order to maximise your chances of recovering your money.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

refunds

Hi, I have purchased an item and paid for it on the 15/6 I message the seller to find out if it was posted so lucky i did as it was not posted only then was i told the item I brought is not in the color I had chosen as they were robbed and were waiting for police but they offered other colors I paid  commonwealth bank to commonwealth bank the money has been in there account now there telling me they are ringing the bank when I gave the proof and receipt number for the transaction i chose the color as i wanted that color and not in a different one ,how long should the refund  to take? as I am not a happy chappy

----------------------

This is a bit of a strange tale. Are they saying that they were robbed, but only of the items in the colour you wanted?

I don't know what waiting for police has got to do with it as all that is about is putting in a  report, it won't necessarily mean they get any goods back.

On the one hand, your seller seems to have what I would call a professional level of experience on ebay. You say they have sold  over 11878 items on ebay

But then the sellers have apparently said they need to 'ring the bank.' I find it strange a fairly professional internet seller doesn't have internet banking & can't check it out themselves. Either the money is in their account or it's not. When my sister & I were selling over a decade ago, we had these details at our fingertips. Mind you, sometimes buyers swore black & blue they had paid into our account etc but if it wasn't in there, we told them to go back to the bank and recheck their details as we didn't have it. If you paid on 15/6, believe me, the money would be showing by now if it is in there.

I'd be politely asking them once more to confirm receipt of payment, but if they say they don't have it or if they just ignore you, I think you will just lose your money. Everyone else is right, you should pay by paypal.

If you get nowhere, I guess you could pretend the previous messages had not happened and just send a message saying you've thought it over and will take the blue one or the yellow one or whatever. Getting the wrong colour is better than getting nothing at all.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

refunds

Checking whether the funds are cleared can be done online. A direct deposit usually clears instantly.

debstar2905, have you specifically asked for a refund? If not, you need to ask them specifically for it. The funds should be in their account and they can refund you in seconds via an online banking service.

I agree that it does sound as though the seller is stringing you on. It's odd, though, given such a high number of sales.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

refunds

A direct deposit is only instant if you do it over the counter. If you use internet or phone banking it can take 24-48 hours (more if a weekend is involved). Either way, it should be showing by now.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

refunds

Here is the latest update after message after message and them saying to me they have not got the funds they all of a sudden can offer me a white one and after them wanting my phone number which I gave them at least 5 times they called today and they said there was no ID left on the transaction which is BS as I have the receipt so I am now waiting for the white one and I still not feeling like I will get anything at all  but they want me to close the case I have pending with them ๐Ÿ˜ž I do not want to close it till I at least get the item is that fair for me not to close?

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

refunds

Definitely DON'T close it till you have the item in your possession.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply