seller increased postage charge after i paid for item

trudy66
Community Member

I have purchased an expensive antique from UK - the postage listed was AUD $83.78 - I paid immediately. The seller has messaged today (almost 1 week post purchase) saying she/he cant find a postage cost lower than AUD$163.43 - double original cost listed for shipping. I have been asked to either pay up or cancel sale and get a refund back. I dont want to cancel the sale becuase I want this piece which being antique is not replaceable. I replied and suggested Global Shipping because I recently had a large antique sent from Uk via this and cost was AUD$90 which is about what I think it should be. Can I compel the seller to ship or not?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: seller increased postage charge after i paid for item

That's fabulous that you were able to come to an agreement. In future, if something is going to be cheaper via GSP, due to it being large/heavy, suggest to the seller to opt back in to GSP, then relist the item. I would even go so far as to tell them to list it for a few pounds more to cover insertion fees and selling fees. Then they can opt back out again afterwards if they dont want to use it. Make sure you tell them to add the weight of the item into the listing.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply