seller not refunding an item they couldn't supply

rnzaf
Community Member

I recently purchased an item off what appears to be a seller in NSW,after a few days I received a message stating their carrier (lists both Australia Post and an unnamed courier service) will not deliver to my Sunshine Coast address .this is on the coastal strip by the way not out Woopwoop.

all I'm getting in response to my messages is the occasional reply stating they haven't heard back from me and are waiting for my response to their offer of a refund.

what shall I do ? open a case for an item not received ? as I feel there isn't a portal for this kind of issue, it hasn't happened to me before.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If you still have the original message where they offered a refund then hit the reply button in that message! They will ( hopefully) then cancel with the reason ' buyer requested' and you will get your refund.

They could easily cancel from their end using reason 'issue with buyer's address ' without being penalized, don't know why they haven't. id10t error??

If you don't have the original request to cancel then reply to one of the messages here the say they are still waiting for a response - don't send a new message, just reply to theirs.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Its a strange issue,  if you are on the gold coast.

but they have offered a refund, why not just say yes, and be done with it.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Just wondering if the item is not permitted to be shipped to  Qld,  Plant/Seeds etc.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Not really relevant. If the seller can't supply the seller should cancel. If the seller is unwilling the buyer should open an INR. The seller get pinged for being a numpty and the buyer gets to purchase from somebody who has a couple of braincells to rub together

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

I'm getting the feeling rnzaf has been replying just that to the seller, maybe several times, but is not getting a refund, all they are getting back is occasional messages to say the seller 'hasn't heard back from them'.

rmzaf, you've been patient long enough. There is no reason why the seller hasn't seen your messages, if you can see theirs. I feel the seller is stringing this along.

There is no reason on earth, even if they didn't hear back from you, that they could not cancel this with 'problem with buyer's address'. They should have done that immediately they knew they could not send the item.

Maybe they are hoping your 30 day claim period will time out.

I am not sure how truthful they are about not seeing your messages or not being able to post.

So yes, open an ebay claim for item not received. I wouldn't be wasting any more time trying to message them privately.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

The OP is on the Sunshine Coast.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

@sugar249 wrote:

The OP is on the Sunshine Coast.

My humblest apology for getting that wrong,  same state though

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

When I was a kid we always considered the Gold Coast as North Victoria or South Japan and not Qld.๐Ÿ˜œ

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply