seller refusing to give tracking number

donut1.6
Community Member

I bought a SSD on Monday, the seller marked it as posted the same day but I know it's bullsh1t because I bought it after business hours, then I asked for the tracking number two days later, the seller simply avoided the question and said the item will arrive soon, then I said that did not answer my quetion and asked for the tracking number again, then the seller does went AWAL on me. Should I contact ebay?

Message 1 of 135
Latest reply
134 REPLIES 134

Re: seller refusing to give tracking number

The seller in question may very well have paid for registered or tracking. Doesn't mean they have to upload it. I reckon it's a good way to weed out the scam buyers. Someone sees no tracking number, item arrives, they open a INR dispute to get heir money back when they say it never arrived and all the time, unbeknowns to the buyer, the seller produces a tracking number and the buyer has to wipe egg of their face.

There have been a few times I forgot to upload a tracking number. Doesn't mean I don't have one in the case of a dispute.

Message 41 of 135
Latest reply

Took the words right out of my mouth Sheepie.
Message 42 of 135
Latest reply

fair enough

[this is one reason ,you should only have 1 id   lol  ] he would prob complain how many bristols are on a paint brush.

Message 43 of 135
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

The seller in question may very well have paid for registered or tracking. Doesn't mean they have to upload it. I reckon it's a good way to weed out the scam buyers. Someone sees no tracking number, item arrives, they open a INR dispute to get heir money back when they say it never arrived and all the time, unbeknowns to the buyer, the seller produces a tracking number and the buyer has to wipe egg of their face.

There have been a few times I forgot to upload a tracking number. Doesn't mean I don't have one in the case of a dispute.

Then that buyer is not very bright, isn't he? When he receives the package, he can tell if you have tracking number or not, in that case, why would the buyer still open a scam dispute? Buyer should only open a dispute when he is absolutely sure that seller does not have tracking.

Message 44 of 135
Latest reply

So have you opened an INR dispute yet or are you waiting to check parcel to make sure it dosn,t have tracking?.

Message 45 of 135
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

fair enough

[this is one reason ,you should only have 1 id   lol  ] he would prob complain how many bristols are on a paint brush.

Joe...please don't buy that dictionary you mentioned elsewhere - your posts add a bit of mirth and humour each day!

And as you said - we certainly know it's you!  so keep up the good work.

Message 46 of 135
Latest reply

kuromusha1 Community Member
8:56 AM
i-love-my-sheep wrote:

Then that buyer is not very bright, isn't he? When he receives the package, he can tell if you have tracking number or not, in that case, why would the buyer still open a scam dispute? Buyer should only open a dispute when he is absolutely sure that seller does not have tracking.
~~~
Sooo you open up disputes when your shure seller does not have tracking, sellers dont need tracking to prove they lodged a item, ive said it once and ill say it again, you are a twit.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 47 of 135
Latest reply

thank you  [now i am going to have a big head]

Message 48 of 135
Latest reply

@kuromusha1 wrote:

Buyer should only open a dispute when he is absolutely sure that seller does not have tracking.

Yeah, 'cos actually receiving an item shouldn't be a factor, eh. 

Remember how I said in the real world, outside of eBay and PayPal, proof of postage can be established in other ways than a tracking number?

If someone does receive an item, opens a dispute and gets their money back 'cos PayPal or eBay say so, yet the buyer had no legal right of recourse against the seller nor the right to claim their money back, out in that real world, the seller has plenty of recourse against the buyer. The real world actually has consequences. 

The members here are only too happy to guide othes through the process of getting their money back from buyers who abuse the system. 

Message 49 of 135
Latest reply

even though mr koromusha  seams a very bad risk to anyone who sells or buys from him,

anybody and even you who sells a small article for $350 and put it in an envelope whithout being registered is asking for trouble 

this letter could be registered  lets hope so , but if its not would you trust this buyer telling the truth if he got it or not , even if the seller takes a photo only means they paid for the post the buyer only has to get an afadavid stating he did not get it.

Message 50 of 135
Latest reply