seller will not respond to emails requesting his bank details

found an item and the seller has !00% feedback he also excepts direct deposit,after weighing this up i decided to make the purchase in time for xmas,that was 8 oclock sunday night,i have emailed the seller three times with no reply.today is tuesday and i doubt by the time he replies,if he does it will be to late to receive by xmas as payment has to clear before he can post.what can i do.feel totally screwed around considering the seller has active listings.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That sounds like a very good thing to do.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@nickelmickel wrote:

found an item and the seller has !00% feedback he also excepts direct deposit,after weighing this up i decided to make the purchase in time for xmas,that was 8 oclock sunday night,i have emailed the seller three times with no reply.today is tuesday and i doubt by the time he replies,if he does it will be to late to receive by xmas as payment has to clear before he can post.what can i do.feel totally screwed around considering the seller has active listings.

Firstly not all sellers are on line 24/7 so there is plenty of time for them to reply to your three (?????) emails.

Secondly the seller has no control over Aus.Post delivery times at this time of the year even if they were to post today.

Thirdly why oh why did you not pay via Pay Pal ? Direct deposit gives you no buyer protection......and as you stated your payment has to clear first.....another thing the seller has no control over.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Can i ask why you have emailed him 3 times for ? what are you actually wanting to know ? Your payment probably hasn't been cleared yet? With all due respect, it has been 1 day. It has nothing to do with the seller if your payment hasn't cleared.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Added after. You want his Bank Details. Ahhhhh.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

sunday to today is plenty of time for a seller with active listings to reply,also my choice how i pay,even if i paid via paypal the item would still be sitting idle.ebays loss i will just cancel account and go to another online outlet.ebay and the seller make nothing without the buyer.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

That sounds like a very good thing to do.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

i emailed sunday evening first attempt to get direct deposit details which he does and i am happy doing,dont qyestion why i dont use paypal.my choice,his choice.mutual payment methods for us both.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

so what honest active seller with 100% dont check his account monday morning or tueday morning after a weekend.please enlighten me.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

perhaps if you give the item no - not the seller's name - the ebay members here might able to give you more help.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@nickelmickel wrote:

so what honest active seller with 100% dont check his account monday morning or tueday morning after a weekend.please enlighten me.

I most certainly respect your right to not use Free Buyer Protection & no offence was intended.

I am unable to enlighten you as I am unaware of the seller's current circumstances.

However when I was taken to hospital after a heart attack it was three days before those bothersome nurses let me go online.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply