seller will not respond to emails requesting his bank details

found an item and the seller has !00% feedback he also excepts direct deposit,after weighing this up i decided to make the purchase in time for xmas,that was 8 oclock sunday night,i have emailed the seller three times with no reply.today is tuesday and i doubt by the time he replies,if he does it will be to late to receive by xmas as payment has to clear before he can post.what can i do.feel totally screwed around considering the seller has active listings.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: seller will not respond to emails requesting his bank details

School holidays , might have been busy on the weekend , perhaps the ebay message system failed to deliver the messages . Could be a number of reasons .
Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

OP, the bank details should come up after you make the purchase/commit to buy. I've done it a few times recently when my Paypal funds have run low, and I'm using a seller I know.

Do you mean you're messaging the seller for bank details, rather than actually making the purchase b/c you intend to transact off ebay? If so that could be why they're not replying. Just a guess from the way I read your post, I could have it wrong.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

If you try to pay for the item, do the bank details come up in checkout? My guess is you haven't checked. Most sellers have their accounts set so when buyers go through check out, their bank details appear. You then copy the details down and complete the check out. Then you either transfer the money online, or go into your local branch and do it over the counter (which instantly goes into their account without the 2-3 days waiting to clear).

You need to try and pay, select the bank deposit option, then pay now. If the sellers has his details in, they should appear in the next screen.

If you have changed your mind and don't think it will arrive in time, just ignore the transaction and it will go away ๐Ÿ˜›

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply