smartphone

I purchased a brand new Samusng Galaxy S6 from REMOVED on 25/11/2016, when I received it it was faulty so I returned it, I finally received a replacement mid March 2017, this phone also had a fault(software) I emailed REMOVED regarding this, they never replied, the phone otherwise seamed to work so I never followed this up further as it already took 3 months to get a working phone. 3 months later the screen stopped working for no reason, I contacted REMOVED as they offered 1yr manufacturers wattanty in the listing when I purchased it, this is there reply "HI! We afraid that the LCD screen damaged inside but we are sorry that all manufacturers not cover LCD free replacement, sorry.LCd replacement fee is 125GBP, will you need the services?" when I received the phone REMOVED had included a document saying screens were covered in the 1yr Samsung manufacturers warranty, also I contacted Samsung online and via phone and they confirm screens are covered for defect. REMOVED still refuses to honour their promise of 1yr manufacturers warrany. Samsung have asked me to send my phone to them for repair with purchase invoice, REMOVED did not supply a invoice with my order and currently are not responding to my emails requesting one. I have provided REMOVED proof screens are covered for defect and they continue to lie saying they are not, I paid $500 to them for a brand new phone with 1yr manufacturers warranty which lasted 3 months and they will not help.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: smartphone

REMOVED is selling used phones with no warranty as brand new with warranty and EBay is allowing it

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

EBay is still allowing REMOVED to rip off buyers

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

@mnalder1234 wrote:

REMOVED is selling used phones with no warranty as brand new with warranty and EBay is allowing it

I think you're right. Ebay will probably do nothing unless there's a current ad that comes to their attention.

Even then...... I am not convinced they would do anything.

I have seen the most blatant ebay ads, coming out of China, where the dresses are fraudulent. They copy photos from legitimate company websites, pop it in their ads & claim that's what you're buying. I've heard horror stories about what some people actually get but it certainly won't be the designer frock in the ad. It applies particularly to wedding frocks.

I'm not saying every Chinese dress seller is fraudulent but some blatantly are & as far as I can tell, nothing happens.

You got ripped off with your phone. Ebay isn't generally a good place for buying some products & phones are one of them.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply