smartphone

I purchased a brand new Samusng Galaxy S6 from REMOVED on 25/11/2016, when I received it it was faulty so I returned it, I finally received a replacement mid March 2017, this phone also had a fault(software) I emailed REMOVED regarding this, they never replied, the phone otherwise seamed to work so I never followed this up further as it already took 3 months to get a working phone. 3 months later the screen stopped working for no reason, I contacted REMOVED as they offered 1yr manufacturers wattanty in the listing when I purchased it, this is there reply "HI! We afraid that the LCD screen damaged inside but we are sorry that all manufacturers not cover LCD free replacement, sorry.LCd replacement fee is 125GBP, will you need the services?" when I received the phone REMOVED had included a document saying screens were covered in the 1yr Samsung manufacturers warranty, also I contacted Samsung online and via phone and they confirm screens are covered for defect. REMOVED still refuses to honour their promise of 1yr manufacturers warrany. Samsung have asked me to send my phone to them for repair with purchase invoice, REMOVED did not supply a invoice with my order and currently are not responding to my emails requesting one. I have provided REMOVED proof screens are covered for defect and they continue to lie saying they are not, I paid $500 to them for a brand new phone with 1yr manufacturers warranty which lasted 3 months and they will not help.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

smartphone

Warranties for goods purchased on-line are rarely enforceable, particularly if the seller is based overseas.

Most members here recommend not buying electronic goods on-line for that reason, if you want a warranty buy from a B & M store where you will get a genuine warranty.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

smartphone

Warranties for goods purchased on-line are rarely enforceable, particularly if the seller is based overseas.

Most members here recommend not buying electronic goods on-line for that reason, if you want a warranty buy from a B & M store where you will get a genuine warranty.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

smartphone

imastawka
Honored Contributor

An invoice would have been sent to your email address when you purchased.

Otherwise, go into your purchase history - use the drop down menu for 2017

prurchase history.JPG

You will find the purchase details in there.

I would get Samsung to repair it,  if they have honoured the warranty

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

smartphone

If Samsung has a look at it Stawks the OP will find out if the phone is actually new/Australian model - kinda doubtful with the seller being based in China. It's probably a refurbished phone being passed off as "new".................... 

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

smartphone

Seller seems pretty good, Padi.    99.5%     Only 6 negs for the year out of 1300+ sales.

No negs for refurbished instead of new.  No negs in the last 6 months

Makes a nice change for a Chinese seller.   There are some good ones y'know

But, you're right.  Samsung will sort it out.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

smartphone

You are correct, I now have more information, the phone is not Australian or Hong Kong, it is a USA model, I have spoken to Samsung USA and the phone is in their database and is out of warranty as it is over 12 months old I purchased it Brand New from China seller on 25/11/2016, they also confirmed screens are covered for defect. The phonje is refurbished/used. The seller lied in their listing stating its brand new with 12mths Samsung HK manufacturers warranty. I am currently hoping eBay will do something.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

smartphone

Sorry to hear that but I'm not surprised, and unfortunately eBay/Paypal can't do anything as the item is well out of the timeframe for a dispute.

eBay also treats Chinese sellers as untouchables and I very much doubt if they'll take any action against the seller.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

smartphone

You are correct again, EBay won't do anything and is still allowing REMOVED to trade in their marketplace knowing they are fradulant and ripping off buyers, I have received advice from The Department of Fair Trading to lodge a complaint with the ACCC. I will proceed with this for myself and to hopefully protect other unsuspecting buyers.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

smartphone

Thanks for the update and let us know how you go with the ACCC, they probably won't do much on 1 report (even if they can take on a seller in Asia) but the more reports the better.

If you're on facebook you could always go to eBay's facebook page, they don't like those sort of things exposed there. Bear in mind it's been estimated that only a very small percentage on members come to these boards - around 5% is the figure members have come up with.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

smartphone

I lodged a conplaint with the ACCC about EBay knowingly allowing fraudulant sellers to continue to sell in their marketplace ripping off buyers,, the ACCC admitted at this point they can only document it, no action will be taken, we need many more complaints of this nature for them to act, their suggestion was for me to contact FTC.GOV US and lodge a complaint, they are a international Competition Consumer Protection Agency.I hope I have better luck with them.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply