still can't log out of ebay when I want to?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: still can't log out of ebay when I want to?

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

When in Ebay, try opening up another session. Go into your history settings and then click on "Clear Browsing Data". Select browsing history, cookies and other site data & cached images & files. Select entire history if you wish or, sometime before you think you started having trouble e.g. 2 or 3 weeks ago and then select "clear data" tab. After this, close down previous ebay tab and all other tabs and re-start. After re-starting, open up new ebay tab and see how you go. This has fixed the problem for me so I hope it helps out someone else.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

The problem appears to have been resolved.....for now.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

I'm in Western Australia and cannot log out or see my ebay summary or purchase history using Firefox. I can if I use chrome but my firefox ebay session remains open. I ahve cleared cookies and turned of all ad blockers but no change.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

You need to clear cache to be auto logged out of any sites that are currently logged in. Clearing cookies doesn't do that. You need to change the setting to clear for all time, not just the last month.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

@aussiblew wrote:

I'm in Western Australia and cannot log out or see my ebay summary or purchase history using Firefox. I can if I use chrome but my firefox ebay session remains open. I ahve cleared cookies and turned of all ad blockers but no change.

its an ebay glitch..2 diff browsers,cleared cache,cleared history, made no diff. all since about 6 hours ago.from what i can gather, its affecting diff areas and not the whole country.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

If you are having problems seeing your summary or purchase history page, try disabling your ad blocker on those pages.

See if doing that allows you to sign out again, too.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

@4green2000 wrote:

@aussiblew wrote:

its an ebay glitch..2 diff browsers,cleared cache,cleared history, made no diff. all since about 6 hours ago.from what i can gather, its affecting diff areas and not the whole country.

update..now back to normal (for now) after $12 hours. mostly affected qld ebay uses in a few areas.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

- Thank You for the tip! eBay started for some reason not let me logout. This has been continuing repeatedly for couple of weeks now. Only Your solution helped to solve the problem!

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply