tracking

30 mins ago eBay's tracking claimed my order is finally 'in transit' after four working days at 'sent' status, but has now reversed that 'in transit' status and has gone back to 'sent' status.

My $600 order is where? The correct tracking number is? When do I have to be at home to sign for my order? Do I have to sign for my order or has the seller given the courier company who doesn't know where my order is or what the tracking number is, 'authority to leave' it where?

Unfortunately (for me the customer) no-one is willing to answer any of my legitimate questions because that is how eBay works.

I'm never again buying anything on eBay worth more than $10 which I am prepared to lose.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: tracking

That particular co is notorious for having negs removed, so buyers can't see there's a huge problem.

There was a thread on them last year - 30 negs a day were being removed.

Having said that.....the mods will remove the name from this thread.

You are not allowed to name and shame, but we could see from your feedback who it was.

Just open a case as soon as it's allowed, get your money back and buy from someone

more reliable if possible.

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

I will, but you would think a seller would try to resolve a shipping issue before the buyer has to take that step. Look. I used to love eBay and bought everything on it, but over the last few years things seem to be becoming more and more problematic. eBay should be getting better not worse. I can't even get my home page to open with purchase history despite repeated attempts. It was the total shutdown of communication by the seller and the courier that has led me here to the community forum which, until today, I didn't know no existed. Feedback is one thing and my previous feedback about this seller was five star, but then a problem arose and...
Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

*groan*   Fastway strikes again.

Once an item is shown as sent the tracking will not update until the next time it is scanned.  Quite often it will only be scanned again when it is delivered to you.

The seller has not got the best feedback I have ever seen and Fastway can be the pits.....added together and you have a problem.

There is no point in contacting ebay as they can't/won't do anything for you.

Just wait it out till you can open a dispute and get a refund.

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

I can't even get my home page to open with purchase history

Do you mean your My ebay page?  Have you tried changing it here?

On the right hand side up the top.

landing page.PNG

Otherwise, bookmark it and come in that way.

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

That particular co is notorious for having negs removed, so buyers can't see there's a huge problem.

You are not allowed to name and shame, but we could see from your feedback who it was.

Just open a case as soon as it's allowed, get your money back and buy from someone

There's one bloke selling stamps at the rate of 90,000 lots per year (= somewhere north of 1,000,000 stamps pa).

He currently has zero negatives.

So, you see, it's possible to be a perfect seller.Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

@joztamps wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

There's one bloke selling stamps at the rate of 90,000 lots per year (= somewhere north of 1,000,000 stamps pa).

Yes, just noticed another neg gone, it's a regular occurrence - and his lots aren't anywhere near as good as they were a couple of years ago either.

And he's notorious for leaving lots out of multiple purchases too.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Well that's a worry because I (used to) take the rep score really serious and would only shop with a store with 99.8 plus even it cost me a little more than a competitor with a lower score. I wouldn't have thought a seller would be able to have neg feedback deleted. That sort makes a mockery of the whole review/feedback process doesn't it. eBay is definately only a '$2 store' for me if that is the case.
Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

Fastway can be the pits.....added together and you have a problem.

Exactly lyndal1838

A bad seller who uses a bad courier company is a lose/lose game. Would you believe I even asked the seller not to use fastway because they used Direct Couriers for my first order from them and I got my order days earlier than I expected. I'm going to have to follow this forum and get myself eBay educated hey.
Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

Unfortunately sellers don't have to use a delivery method just because a buyer asks them to.

I suspect they no longer use Direct and have changed to Fastway.

Direct is not the cheapest courier around.....Fastway picks up a lot of business because of price and unfortunately it is a case of you get what you pay for.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:

@joztamps wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

Yes, just noticed another neg gone, it's a regular occurrence - and his lots aren't anywhere near as good as they were a couple of years ago either.

And he's notorious for leaving lots out of multiple purchases too.

Yes, in the total absence of any meaningful details in either the titles or descriptions, you really have to look very, very closely at the pictures.

And he gives a whole new meaning to "Free" when he says "Free Postage"; in fact, it's largely "Free" to one party even when the buyer is expressly charged for it.

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply