tried to buy an item. message said don't meet seller requirements. couldn't contact seller either

Hello everyone, 

Tried to purchase an item recently.  A message appeared after clicking 'buy it now'.  The message, in short,

'you don't meet seller requirements' Tried to contact the seller. Wasn't able to do that either.  

Could this be an ebay glitch?  

Thank you  

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

tried to buy an item. message said don't meet seller requirements. couldn't contact seller either

More likely they don't post to your location or if you have had some non payer strikes within the last 12 months.

And possibly if you have a PO box as primary postal address.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

A message as specific as that, combined with not being able to contact the seller, is not usually a glitch.

I would say the same as Kopenhagen....you are blocked for some specific reason.

If it is an overseas seller the most usual reason for it is that they do not post to your address or you have a PO box as your address.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I was interested to see what message buyers get when they are on some-ones blocked buyer list ..................SOOOO........being bored and nothing of interest on the TV or the forums, I put one of my selling accounts on another of my store accounts blocked buyer list. I then tried to buy a BIN. The message I recieved in bold red print was " Sorry the seller isnt accepting bids or offers from you at this time". There was also a link to a help page which gave all of the reasons a buyer may not be able to purchase from a seller. It was just all of the usual account settings such as having 2 or more non payment strikes, non phone verified accounts, location blocks, international blocks, multiple purchase blocks etc. etc.  

I then tried to ask myself a question. I recieved a lengthy message saying the seller was not able to answer my question at this time and advising me to check the listing for any answers. I did find a way to circumvent this block, but probably should not publish the details here. I sent myself a message, asking why I was blocked.  Its been five minutes and I,m still waiting for an answer, but thats slack, lazy sellers for you.... Frankly with poor communication like that, I dont think I actually want to buy anything from that seller anyway. . ....Smiley Tongue

All up an interesting little excercise.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks Everyone

That was an interesting exercise you did. The other part of the message we had was 'you don't have a paypal account'
(which we do) verified too.
Never had a non payment strike. Always pay immediately. Do not have a P.O address.
Account is verified. Went through all the feedback left for others. We always leave feedback. Could not find this
seller at all. Checked to see if user name change. No to that. Curious re the block. Would be interesting to know why.

Yes, HongKong.

Have encountered that before where interstate Australian sellers will not post to Perth Metro. Have no idea why.

Oh well. Never mind. 🙂

Thanks again
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply