where can I read all of the product ratings?

When I look at products for sale their is a rating, It will say the overall stats but it won't let me read all of the reviews. It has the two most relevant ratings (according to ebay) I'd like to read all of them, to see if they liked using it and if it has any downsides etc but I can't find where to do this. Is it even possible?  I'm not referring to the sellers rating but the product that is for sale. - like skincare etc.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: where can I read all of the product ratings?

I know I can read reviews on other websites, I just wanted to know how I could read all the reviews that have been written on Ebay.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Probably no point.

Most are reviewing the transaction, not the product.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

โEvery time you buy something on eBay, you have the opportunity to leave positive, neutral or negative Feedback about your transaction. You can also rate the seller's performance on things like communication and postage costs.โž

Bolding and rubrication mine.

Feedback isn't the same thing as product reviews.

... However, eBay did introduce Product ratings/reviews for some items (not all).

โWill all listings include reviews?

No. Only new and used items that are part of the eBay catalogue will be eligible for product reviews.

Who can write product reviews?

All users (buyers and sellers) may write product reviews. Reviews are associated with products and not sellers.

Can I leave a review of my own product?

All users (buyers and sellers) may leave a review on any eligible products. However, only buyers who purchased the item on eBay will be identified as a verified purchaser.โž

There's a thread about the Product Reviews which demonstrates some of the confusion concerning them. You might find it interesting to read.

You cannot "read all the reviews that have been written on eBay". Each product review is related specifically to an item, and you can find the reviews only by entering the item title into the eBay search bar, and then clicking on to any listing of that item. IF there are any reviews related to that item, you will see it under the title in the listing itself.

EXAMPLE

If you search for Philips PerfectCare Elite Plus Steam Generator Iron - GC9681/80, click onto any of the search results returned. Bing Lee, Billy Guyatts, Appliances Online - those are three sellers who usually stock that particular steam iron. Any listing will do.

Once you're in the listing itself, you'll note under the title (top of the listing, just to the right of the main image) that there will be some stars and a reference to a product rating. Specifically in this case...

Example image from eBay's Seller Centre:

eBay Product Review/Rating

IF THERE'S NO PRODUCT RATING ON A LISTING...

โA review may not show on [the] item for several reasons.

• [The] item may not be eligible for review because it doesn't match a product in the eBay product catalogue.
  • [The listing may not have] the required product identifiers i.e. GTIN (UPC, EAN, ISBN) or MPN
  • A review may not have been written for the product yet.โž

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply