,why don't sellers be made to leave feedback once the payment has gone through?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

because   you  dont have to leave feedback

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Sellers do not HAVE to leave feedback at all....it is optional for both buyers and sellers.

Feedback is supposed to be the final step in a transaction when the buyer has received the item and is happy with it....and that is not at the time the buyer pays.

Would you be happy to get your feedback but never receive the item because the transaction is considered finished when you paid?

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Why aren't buyers made to leave feedback as soon as the seller says they have posted?

In both your scenario and mine the transaction has not been finalised, that only happens when the buyer has received the goods and the seller has solved any problems that may have occurred..

Just as a seller may have sent a faulty item a buyer can turn the transaction into a nightmare, do either of those people deserve positive feedback?

Of course feedback is entirely voluntary and feedback given to buyers is only a record of how many items they have bought from sellers who leave feedback, why on earth would you be bothered about acquiring more green dots?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

So, you think a seller should leave feedback as soon as a buyer pays.  Take a look at the following thread and read the Opening Post by a buyer, and the reply by the seller some time later in the thread.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/shows-Delivโ€‹ered-out-of-time-frame-but-is-Returned-To-Sender-...

I'll save you some time by putting some screen captures here of the Buyer's OP and Seller's post.  Once you have read them I would like you to answer this one question:  Should the seller have left positive feedback for the buyer once they paid?

The buyer's Opening post:

feedback  after paying buyer.JPG

The seller's post:

feedback  after paying seller.JPG

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Because paying for an item starts a transaction, and feedback is an assessment of the transaction. It's ok for sellers to assess the transaction when it's concluded, which generaly occurs after the item has been received and there's nothing more for either the buyer or seller to do. 

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Why don't buyers be made to contact a seller before leaving neg feedback????

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Why dont you as a buyer leave feedback as soon as you pay? As a buyer on ebay i find feedback pointless, as its only going to be positive only, the real positives are the ones sellers get.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Why do you need more feedback when you're only a buyer? I'm a buyer only on this ID & I couldn't care less if a seller left me feedback or the time they leave it. It's about time eBay only gave buyers a transaction count because you can only ever have 100% feedback & it's meaningless.

All it shows is that I paid for the item....well whoopee, that's what I'm obligated to do. I can't do anything with these green dots. I can't take them out for dinner or cuddle up to them on the couch to watch a movie.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@falconsportspack wrote:

Why do you need more feedback when you're only a buyer? I'm a buyer only on this ID & I couldn't care less if a seller left me feedback or the time they leave it. It's about time eBay only gave buyers a transaction count because you can only ever have 100% feedback & it's meaningless.

All it shows is that I paid for the item....well whoopee, that's what I'm obligated to do. I can't do anything with these green dots. I can't take them out for dinner or cuddle up to them on the couch to watch a movie.

Awww, ruin me fantasy why don't you?! Here I was imagining you and a heap of green dots going to a high class restaurant. 

I also can't understand why buyers get so hooty about feedback. I couldn't care less whether a seller leaves me feedback or not. I always leave a seller feedback as soon as my item arrives, but I don't care if they don't reciprocate. 

So, you paid for an item you bought. Go you!! I wonder if these feedback junkies expect a fanfare and ticker tape parade every time they buy something from K-Mart because they paid for what they bought? 

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply