why don't sellers leave you feedback when you pay for something.They get the money what more do they

Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: why don't sellers leave you feedback when you pay for something.They get the money what more do

Santa?, is it you really??

Spoiler
Hahahaha
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 21 of 77
Latest reply

Re: why don't sellers leave you feedback when you pay for something.They get the money what more do

From what I have seen, some sellers don't leave feedback until the buyer has left feedback, that way, if by chance the buyer leaves negative feedback, the seller can retaliate with negative feedback in return.
I've even heard of sellers using this method to coerce the buyer to leave a 5 star positive rating.....
Of course, not all sellers operate in this manner, but as in everything, it is the minority that spoil things for everyone else.

The best thing is to be honest and understanding when leaving feedback, respect the fact that no seller can control shipping times and understand that the majority of sellers will do their best to send your item as soon as possible. If through some accident a problem has occurred, remember that your first duty as a buyer is to try to contact the seller to try to sort any problem out before any feedback is left.

Feedback should be the finalization of the sale, not the begining of a dispute.

Message 22 of 77
Latest reply

@dragonique72 wrote:

From what I have seen, some sellers don't leave feedback until the buyer has left feedback, that way, if by chance the buyer leaves negative feedback, the seller can retaliate with negative feedback in return.
I've even heard of sellers using this method to coerce the buyer to leave a 5 star positive rating.....
Of course, not all sellers operate in this manner, but as in everything, it is the minority that spoil things for everyone else.

Agree with your other points, but a seller can not leave negative (or even neutral) feedback for a buyer anymore (eBay removed this ability several years ago), so there is basically no way the seller can use the threat of less than positive feedback in order to receive good feedback themselves. It is in fact a policy breach to leave a comment that conflicts with a positive rating, and such comments can be reported and removed.

The thing I would really like buyers who think a seller should leave feedback when they (the buyer) would prefer, is this...

One seller is often dealing with multiple buyers. Each buyer has their own individual preferences and expectations about a transaction, which is fair enough, individual preferences are up to each individual, but for the seller, it is impossible to accomodate every single preference on every single transaction. Case in point, when it comes to feedback, I have seen buyers state that they don't like the seller to leave it after payment. I have also seen a seller receive bad feedback because they used automated feedback (i.e. the system leaves a pre-set comment as soon as the buyer pays).

These kinds of variations in preference apply to many different aspects of a transaction, so what is a seller to do? Send each buyer a questionaire about what they would like to happen and when (and - in the process - tick off all the buyers that don't want unnecessary communication from their sellers)? There is no simple way to know what little details - and by that, I mean the things a seller can do outside of packaging items safely and shipping quickly - is going to make a certain buyer happy, or not so happy. 

That means the best thing a seller can do is exercise their right to decide on the best way to do these things for themselves - some will be happy, some won't be, some won't care, but that is the case no matter what a seller decides, so...please. Just let them decide and respect that they have that right. 😉 😛

Message 23 of 77
Latest reply

a seller can not leave negative (or even neutral) feedback for a buyer anymore (eBay removed this ability several years ago "

Yes, while I understand the actual feedback system has changed, it is my understanding that a seller can still comment when leaving feedback or are we to assume that all seller feedback is automatically generated and scripted, in which case, what is the point of feedback being left for someone who never sells and only buys ?

I apologise if I am being naive, I have never actually sold anything on Ebay before, I just don't see the point of a seller leaving feedback for the buyer if they are forced by bureaucratic bull, to leave completely positive feedback, why is there not simply a button to click for sellers to simply state that the transaction has been completed, which in turn increases a buyers feedback score (which then should probably be renamed as a purchase number)

Message 24 of 77
Latest reply

A seller can leave a positive rating for a buyer with a negative comment, BUT, if the buyer then asks eBay to remove the comment it will be removed, and the seller will receive a policy violation.  Some sellers here will say that the comment will only be removed if "sufficiently negative" enough to be incionsistent with a positive rating, but from my understanding it only has to be a comment with a negative tone and it will be removed upon request.

Doesn't matter what feedback comment a seller leaves for a buyer anyway, it wont stop the buyer from buying anything. Buyers wont buy from sellers with bad feeback.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 26 of 77
Latest reply

Thank you for that big*shed, I was unaware of how that would work

Ahhh assumptions .......... I guess this makes me an ass

Message 27 of 77
Latest reply

@dragonique72 wrote:

I apologise if I am being naive, I have never actually sold anything on Ebay before, I just don't see the point of a seller leaving feedback for the buyer if they are forced by bureaucratic bull, to leave completely positive feedback, why is there not simply a button to click for sellers to simply state that the transaction has been completed, which in turn increases a buyers feedback score (which then should probably be renamed as a purchase number)

You know what's really interesting? (It is to me, anyway :D), on other sites where sellers can receive feedback but buyers can't, there is not one single buyer that I have ever seen come to the forums and wish / ask for sellers to be able to leave them feedback.

The sellers ask for the ability, and it's a near 50/50 split between wanting to be able to warn other sellers about bad buying behaviour, and wanting to be able to leave a glowing compliment because the buyer was just that awesome...

I tend to think on eBay sometimes there's a bit of a "rank hunter" syndrome, which I have also witnessed on various sites - if there are points to be had, then no matter what, people will do any and everything to earn those points, even if they mean and/or do absolutely nothing (not saying eBay feedback is utterly pointless, necessarily, I know it means something to a lot of people, but I still remember looking at every comment I received when I first started on eBay and getting that same rush when my star changed colour as when playing an RPG and my character leveled up... Smiley LOL )

Message 28 of 77
Latest reply

@dragonique72 wrote:

Thank you for that big*shed, I was unaware of how that would work

Ahhh assumptions .......... I guess this makes me an ass

I guess so.

Message 29 of 77
Latest reply

I won't buy into a debate on who should leave feedback first but, on two different eBay selling accounts operated by two people:

- Account A:  Seller will only leave feedback after Buyer has received item and left feedback (as noted in each listing):  75% of Buyers leave feedback.

- Account B: Seller always leaves feedback once payment has been received and item posted:  52% of Buyers leave feedback.

The courtesy of leaving feedback is a two way street.

Message 30 of 77
Latest reply