why is an item for sale ( VIC) that says 'posts worldwide' then on the side says 'but not to FNQ'?

ingyingy
Community Member

Why do we buy from overseas?

I just tried to purchase a chi massager from a seller in Victoria who clearly states they post worldwide, then in red letters to the side say 'doesn't post to far north Qld.'

Looks like I'll continue to not keep my money in the country. 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: why is an item for sale ( VIC) that says 'posts worldwide' then on the side says 'but not to FNQ

Could be seller has lost several packages to FNQ and is sick of it.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: why is an item for sale ( VIC) that says 'posts worldwide' then on the side says 'but not to FNQ

Where does it state that ?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Could be seller has lost several packages to FNQ and is sick of it.

image host
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Can you give us an item number? Not the seller's username as you can't do that.....just an item number.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I'll be very surprised if "worldwide" means the seller literally posts to everywhere in the world.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@melbourneclearancewrote:

I'll be very surprised if "worldwide" means the seller literally posts to everywhere in the world.

Worldwide is ebay speak for sellers who will post internationally.

The seller can still add some restrictions on the countries they will post to.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Restricting buyers based on an area they live seems to border on discrimination much like those who opt not to send to po boxes. No sense to it at all.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Depending on what they are selling there can be a good reason for refusing to sell to certain areas.

Sellers of plants in Australia cannot post to WA or Tasmania due to quarantine laws.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Tried to buy a ZEN massage machine. All sellers said the same including one from Victoria.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Tippy asked before but could you please post an item number so someone can have a look for you.

Also are you on one of the islands off FNQ by any chance?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply