wish ebay would stop serial bid retractors

I was watching an item then thought it got too expensive for me. Lucky I kept watching it all all of a sudden it went down in price. On checking seems for some reason someone bid then retracted the bid a couple of days later. Thought ok just a change of mind then saw their history. I have no idea why so many and all different sellers. anyone else have ideas why ? 10 this month and 68 retractions in 6 months is a lot
Total bids:
Items bid on:
Bid activity (%) with this seller:
0%

Bid retractions:
Bid retractions (6 months):

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

search shill bidding

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Unlikely to be shill bidding as no previous retractions with that seller. Probably somebody who just wants to put other bidders off because the price goes too high then they retract and probably re bid at a lower price or they put bids in on several seller's items and cancel once they win one.

Whichever way yes ebay frown upon such behaviour but only the seller can report the buyer and sometimes ebay will act and sometimes they won't.

Many years ago a member came to the boards because she had been restricted from bidding on auctions after withdrawing 4 bids which she did because we all told her to do so as it was obviously a scam yet others seem to be reported and nothing is done, typical ebay inconsistency.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply