Binoculars paid not received since November 2020

RPER3555

Hi. This has become quite a mission. I've contacted the seller twice. I've contacted ebay. I seem to be invisible. I seem to be a non person, I seem to be living in a bubble where I can't contact the seller and get a response, I can't contact ebay and get a response. I am an Australian citizen but it appears to those that I paid a product for that I don't even belong on this planet or maybe not even this universe after paying good money. The details;

Celestron SkyMaster 25x70 Binocular-Black 71008 Porro Zoom Binoculars.

Total AU $215.99

Estimated delivery Tue, 01 Dec

What else can I say.  Do I have to get a solicitor involved to which ebay or ausriver will have to pay all costs involved. Either for the delivery of the binoculars or the refund will be the same outcome unless I receive one or the other.  RPER3555

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You are too late for any assistance from  ebay  or  paypal.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If you funded your payment with a Credit Card you may be able to do a charge back, the length of time for that is up to your CC provider and you may have left it too long

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Let us know how you go with the solicitor 

as an aside, eBay do not read here and will not see your threats

Even as an Australian citizen, you still have to open item not received disputes within the time frame limit everyone else does

Best start proceedings now as you will not be getting one or the other since you opted not use all the tools you are given to get your money back

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Have you tried live chat with eBay?  They have to respond on live chat... Unfortunately it is too late now though (if you want to talk to them, you can still talk to them, but you won't be able to open a case). You might be able to get a chargeback from your bank, as kat said, although 7-8 months is probably past their deadline for chargebacks (but you should certainly try).

By the way, did they give you a tracking number back then? They should have, as they use Australia Post, and all AusPost parcels have a tracking number. Check your old emails for the tracking number. If you find it, you might not be able to check it on their tracking site after all these months, but if you contact AusPost they most probably still have it in their system and can tell you more.

I once bought a Celestron telescope, and I think it was from ausriver too because I remember the name. Luckily it arrived.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply