FVF not being credited after partially refunding customers

Well today I just found out that if a customer purchases with the cart and your combined shipping profile Ebay forgets to use so the customer ends up paying full price shipping on every item they purchased.Every time this has happened in the last 8 years you could ring ebay and get your FVF recalculated and issued a credit back to your payment Page.Biggest problem is they don't want mobile app users to have access to the "Request total from seller" button which is only available to those who use a computer so mobile users are disadvantaged there.But as of today if you partially refund your customer because they  got charged all shipping with the cart you are no longer allowed to request a credit on your Ffv even if you refund $100 which would be $10.70 credit which you will no longer receive Ebay will keep it.So if you refund a total combined of $500 a week then your out of pocket $53.50 that week .It will belong to Ebays piggy bank and multiply that by 1000,s fr sellers in Australia and ask your who,s getting ripped off  and who,s getting greedy ???????

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Put on your listings that if buyers want to make a multiple purchase, they should contact you so that you can put up a special listing for them.

If eBay wonโ€™t change what theyโ€™re doing to avoid your having non-recoverable fees in this sort of case (and believe me, they wonโ€™t), then you need to have a firm commercial approach to mitigating that loss. Refunding less those fees is probably how I would do it.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Save the paragraph

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Any particular reason???

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Dave is trying to tell you that a big block of text won't be read by many - too hard.  I scrambled to understand what you were on about, but I think maybe this? -

So you have on your listings that combined post is available.

Why not continue that sentence with - but not on the app......please use the full site on your browser.

And refund the extra post minus fees.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

My main beef is that we won't get due credit back after partially refunding buyers,Ebay will be keeping it

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Ebay is also not using the combined shipping profile  even if you use a computer,so what I'm saying is it's Ebays fault I have to refund my buyers!!@and worse now as you don't get your your credits due to you

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Put on your listings that if buyers want to make a multiple purchase, they should contact you so that you can put up a special listing for them.

If eBay wonโ€™t change what theyโ€™re doing to avoid your having non-recoverable fees in this sort of case (and believe me, they wonโ€™t), then you need to have a firm commercial approach to mitigating that loss. Refunding less those fees is probably how I would do it.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

To make your off-topic (it should be in 'Selling') rant intelligible.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

As stawks said, refund less fees.

If your buyers don't like it, suggest they contact you prior to purchase. I realise that would require you to put some effort into your online selling, but it works for me. No contact, refund less fees. Contact, do a listing for what they want, with the applicable postage and any discounts.

As an aside, I have volume discounts for my entire inventory. eBay have thus determined that buyers can't request an invoice, I can't send an invoice, so contact is the sweet spot. Those that do get the best deal I can offer, those that don't get refunded excess postage less fees. No complaints yet.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply