PVC Self Adhesive Wallpaper - Craft Uses?

I was looking for marble or granite look self adhesive contact (the kind you use for books etc) and came across the look I wanted but in self adhesive wallpaper.  I've seen it used on walls in shows like The Block but have never handled it.

Is is also suitable for covering boxes (wood and cardboard) and possibly shelving?

I've seen a colour and design that is perfect but I wonder how it goes sticking on corners or folded over, also is it easy to handle and cut when coving fiddly shapes.  Considering it can be removed and repositioned, how sticky is it?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

4 REPLIES 4

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It should stick to anything that the old Contact would stick to.

I've used the old Contact to cover heaps of different surafaces.

Have sent a PM  - hope it helps

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
have a look here:

https://www.homestolove.com.au/creative-wallpaper-crafts-dy-3066

I'm not planning to cover a tissue box per se  Smiley Very Happy, but the concept of using self adhesive wallpaper for the box, tumbler and magazine holder is close to what I will be using it for, in terms of size and potentially odd shapes so the link was perfect.  Thanks very much for the info.  Looks like I can go ahead and buy a roll.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

It should stick to anything that the old Contact would stick to.

I've used the old Contact to cover heaps of different surafaces.

Have sent a PM  - hope it helps

I've used the old ConTact for years and years...even buying a few rolls to co-ordinate stuff at work.  It might be said that I'm a bit of a ConTact tragic. There was also a German brand (I think) self adhesive rolls that I used to buy that were fabulous.  Alas the hardware store that sold them has closed down.

Loved the kitchens in the link.  Unfortunately my kitchen is so badly designed that not even covering all the cupboards and benctop could save it.  It really isn't possible to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Smiley Frustrated

Still, I can dream.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply