Coin Postage

I've been offering free postage within Australia, attacking coins to sgiff cardboard and sending as letters. I see that A Post  does not recommend this and seafching through their site, I can't find a suitable alternative, the best being small boxes for $8.95.  This is way too much for a $4 coin! What is the cheapest way I can send one or two coins within Oz?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Coin Postage

Thanks heaps. Very useful. The A Post site I find very confusing; can spend ages on it and still find out nothing!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Coin Postage

If it's been working, just keep doing it.

We post stamps with stiff cardboard backing and haven't had any problems.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Coin Postage

Thanks for your reply. What would be the extra cost to add tracking?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Coin Postage

https://auspost.com.au/sending/send-within-australia/compare-letter-services/letter-tracking

I use these a lot for postcards or paper ephemera with a value of over say $20. They are not stiff (obviously) so you would need to add your cardboard and keep under 5mm thickness (which I assume or do already). Because I am lazy I use one of those stiff

Card Mailer #0D DL 220x110mm 300gsm (eBay) which fits neatly inside the trackable envelope and when bought in bulk add only about 13c to your mailing cost. I charge $3.30 for a trackable envelope.

If you need something thicker I send badges etc in a superflat mailing box bought on eBay (many size options which can go at large letter rate ) - which posts as a large letter for $2.20 for under 125g.  You can add registered post for $4.30 - reduces to $3.60 if you buy a box of 50 labels. I charge $6.50.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Coin Postage

Thanks heaps. Very useful. The A Post site I find very confusing; can spend ages on it and still find out nothing!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply