Feedback for Artglass Bowl

cridco
Community Member

Hi,

I received a message from an ebay user this morning regarding an item I have for sale: 

Vintage green white swirl art glass bowl, pedestal centre 17cm w x 8 cm H

The message from the ebay user read: You need to tone down the photo shoots you are screwing people

The inference is that I am misrepresenting the bowl. Photo was taken with bowl in a black cube shelf. It does display beautifully in a black cube. Photo was taken on an ipad with no photoshopping. I put another photo of the bowl in a different setting. 

I would be interested to hear other feedback.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Feedback for Artglass Bowl

No, I used nothing but a mini ipad without any lighting applications. The colouring just stands out more in the black cube.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Yes, both taken with the ipad. The one with white background would have been using whatever light was in the room, nothing prepared. The black background is three sides a top and bottom all in black. No extra light, just how the pic came out. Nothing applied. 

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

The white does have a bit of opalescence but I wouldn't say iridescent - it doesn't show up any other colours.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

It is green, white and clear.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Perhaps have the picture of the white background as your initial pic. Instead of so many black pics, maybe add just a third one of the bowl in a natural setting ie: on a table with some fruit, for example.

You could add into the description that when displayed against various backgrounds, the item will reflect its colours slightly differently.

Oh, and I would block this potential buyer - you will have issues if they decide to purchase, I can guarantee it.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

I think your photo's are very good. Nothing wrong with using contrasting background colours to make an item " pop ". I have a range of different colour fabric sheets I use as backdrops to photograph items, changing them to contrast the individual item.

If you havnt used photo shop or trick lighting, you havnt done anything wrong. I might even use a black plastic cube myself in future. It seems to work well. ( always learning new stuff on the forums )

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Hi Thanks jellybirddesigns. Yes, I will put pics on white background as first. Happy to have all your feedback. I was just a bit stunned by the message 'screwing' with people? Rough. I have appreciated the feedback of all of you who suggested the photo looks like it has had different light applications and therefore potential customers may feel the photographs are misleading. Yes, happy to block people who send such messages. Simple questions would be much better received. Like the ones other members have asked above.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply