Having a problem identifying this weird little piece.

Could someone please assist identify this strange little Pixie astride a Snail. The only markings I can find are the numbers 1-24, at the present time I am only guessing that it's Australian made, and perhaps a Student piece.

Thank you in advance.

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b429/18m112/Pixie%20on%20Snail_zpshnz9okmb.jpg

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hello, it was made by Diana Studio Pottery Australia during the 1950's era. The numbers are typical of Diana back stamp....I have seen one other pixie prior to yours, but it was in a different pose and different colours. And was the first item I ever sold on ebay. I had no clue of the maker, but the astute collector who purchased it informed me after the purchase. Since then, I've done a lot of research on Australian studio potteries from the 50's era. There is no doubt this was made Diana.....So there you go....cheers jilly

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Hi Jlly,

Many thanks for your assistance, very much appreciated. It didn't even enter my mind he could be an early Diana piece, he's just such a strange little creature and,  as I'm not terribly attached to him I intend to list him on ebay, could you please give me a some idea of his value to a collector.

Cheers,

Vanessa.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

HI again,

well based on my experience, which is not too shabby, you could try to get $40 for him or $35 at least. If it''s in perfect conditiion. Diana figurines don't surface too often as far as I know and there are a few collectors out there. Just test the waters. The one I had I got around $45 from memory but that was 8 or 9 years ago, it was a better market then for some reason...jilly

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

goblin-B.jpg

Hi again, I found an image stored in photobucket of the one I sold 8 or 9 years ago. Bad photo but you can see it's made by same company .... Jilly

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Hi Jilly,

Thank you once again for your invaluable assistance. Your little fellow is far prettier than mine but I'll give him a try anyway; you just never, never know who's into the weird and wonderful, perhaps the fact that he's early Diana might give him a boost.

Cheers,

Vanessa.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply