Is this postcard one of the Royal family?

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone would know who this is a postcard of? My husband did some research and thinks it might be Czar Nicholas II who was a cousin of the Royals. The postcard is from 1910 and has a King George stamp from Hong Kong, but has no details about who it is on the postcard.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kindest regards,

Debra.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

At first glance it's possible...I googled the Tzar in uniform and couldn't find an exact match. Could be, might be another relative...the best bet might be to try to see if the medals/uniform are possible. The nose and moustache aren't quite how I pictured him but people change over the years a little...

Mainly the mo. Being a tad straight across. The Tzar's tended to be more V-shaped across the top.

hmmmm.

Try to match the medals would be my suggestion, definitely.

The Royal households of Great Britain, Russia, Germany were all cousins and the men actually looked a fair bit alike, too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

To show how strikingly similar those Russian Royals, for one, were: Prince Michael of Kent / Russia, not Nicholas. But looks just like the Tzar! Is the Queen's cousin. Named after the Tzar's brother.

image.jpeg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks so much for your reply my husband has been doing some research on the net and hasn't found anything as yet, but as you say they do look so much like each other. I saw a photo of one of them who I thought was Prince Charles, but certainly wasn't.

Thanks again.

Debra. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Hi

The photo also reminds me a bit of a younger King George V but Tsar Nicholas certainly came to mind on first viewing. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply