OLD CERAMIC TILES LOOKING FOR INFORMATION

LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO HELP SOLVE THESE MYSTERY TILES

SET OF  2 OLD CERAMIC TILES,   THEY HAVE BEEN JOINED TOGETHER   ON A BACKING PLATE  WHICH FORM A          COUNTRY SCENE , 

THE TILES ARE NOT SMOOTH THEY ARE RAISED  IN DIFFERENT LEVELS  THAT  MATCH THE     SCENARY,   

THEY ARE 6 INCHES SQUARE  &  1/4 INCH THICK ,

I HAVE TRIED DOING RESEARCH ON THEM & CANT FIND ANYTHING SIMILAR  GRATEFUL FOR  ANY HELP  HAVING A PROBLEM ADDING THE PHOTO

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: OLD CERAMIC TILES LOOKING FOR INFORMATION

To add a photo, select reply to my post then select the small picture frame, 2 icons to the right of B&W smiley.

Then browse and upload from your computer.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

fullsizeoutput_395f.jpeg

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thankyou  I will have to remember that 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Well done.

Nice tiles but can't help with any info.

Someone may be along over the weekend with some ideas.

image host
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I can't help with these exact tiles, except to say they are Mural Ceramic wall tiles. Suggest you try a google search, which shows lots of examples. I seem to remember them being very popular many years ago, bathrooms, kitchens. Probably circa 1950 or 1960.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

thankyou for your help
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@tashasspecialtreasures wrote:

fullsizeoutput_395f.jpeg

Apart from saying that the scene is an Australian one - windmill pump, design of house with wide verandahs, palm tree; it looks to me that some elements (especially windmill pump, horse and palm tree) may have been done with stencils. It could be that the different layers are from the different layers of paint, rather than the tile surface. Age is tricky; if it is a craft shop production it could be quite recent. A look at the back might help date it. It's very attractive IMO.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

thank you for taking the time.

re;- the back of the  tiles.  they appear to have been on for many years to the timber backing board. it has been used as wall hanging.

the  tiles were cast with the pattern on them.

regards

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply