Ovens That Can Hear!!

You are not going to hardly believe this little story, but I have to tell it to someone or go crazy.

A couple of months ago my wall oven needed cleaning really badly, not feeling like doing too much, I passed the comment that I thought I might just get rid of it and get a new one, much easier than doing a cleaning job.  Couple of days later and feeling a bit better, I decided to keep the darn thing and give it its' much needed clean.  Took me 2 days as I needed frequent rests and refreshments.,  Did a really good job and it looked great, so much so that I decided to keep it and not get the new one. Trouble was I forgot to tell the oven it was staying.

Run forward a couple of months.

It is now Christmas, still have a clean oven, decided I would do roast turkey and all the roast vegies for dinner on Christmas night, oven was stacked to capacity, worked really well and the feast would be worth waiting for.

Couple of days later - pay back time.

We had been discussing ovens during dinner and I had repeated the story of getting rid of it rather than giving it a clean - brought the house down, guests thought that was my best effort ever.

Well, a couple of nights later we were having deep fried fish and hash browns for our dinner, turned on the oven to heat the hash browns, and what happens, sweet b all not a thing, the fan will not work and I can't use the oven.  It had heard me saying I was going to replace it and decided to have its' revenge.

Had the fan replacer in this morning, had to take the whole thing out of the wall to get at the fan, what a mess, OH ran round with the Kirby and restored order.  Tried to get a replacement fan, sorry none available, may not even be able to get you one.  Loaded the oven onto the trolley and dumped it on the back patio.

This afternoon we went shopping and bought a new one and just to make a real statement bought a very fancy microwave as well.  Now if I baked cakes and biscuits I can do them in the new microwave, as well a cook roasts and baked vegies and lots of other things - don't really need the new oven at all, well maybe to heat plates.

Moral of the story, don't make threats in front of your oven unless you are prepared to go through with them, otherwise it will pay you back big time.  Guess I was lucky it didn't decide pay back time was Christmas night, just imagine guests and half cooked dinner and no way to finish the cooking. 

Wilma with the new oven and microwave.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ovens That Can Hear!!

LOL

Terri
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Poor little oven... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Enjoy your new one. The microwave sounds great, too.

I pat my steering wheel every time I get in my car and tell it how much I love it :^O.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

stonehaven10mel
Community Member

Be careful Wilma, many of your other whitegoods have ears too. Don't mention any financial windfall in front of them or they are likely to go on the blink too. Always talk about money stuff outside (but out of earshot of the lawnmower) ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply