Royal Copenhagen - dating this backstamp

Happy Easter All. 

I have a few pieces of Royal Copenhagen that I am listing - the backstamp of one is in attached pic. 

It seems to me from reference to R/C website that the backstamp is 1889-1922; it certainly seems pre the one they introduced 1935.  My only doubts with saying mine are 1889-1922 is that I am wondering why they do not give a backmark for 1923-1934??

Hoping someone can confirm (or otherwise)  that this plate's backstamp dates it as 1889-1922.

Thank you.

https://www.royalcopenhagen.com/ourpassion/marks

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Royal Copenhagen - dating this backstamp

You're welcome.

No, that is another member in Denmark.

I am originally from Denmark but live here in Melb, Aus.

image host
Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Thank you twyngwyn  - I'll mull over the various links you have given, stir that with the other info I have and do my listings in a week or so. Time got away from me and I'm now admiring the cherry blossoms in Tokyo - as one does.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

You lucky one, if you are really in Tokyo.

I was born in Tokyo (father's business) and haven't been back since 1985.

The blossoms give a certain beautiful feel to a place.

Aoi Matsuri should be on soon, actually I think it's in May if you can get to Kyoto. 

Smiley Happy

image host
Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

You lucky one, if you are really in Tokyo.

I was born in Tokyo (father's business) and haven't been back since 1985.

The blossoms give a certain beautiful feel to a place.

Aoi Matsuri should be on soon, actually I think it's in May if you can get to Kyoto. 

Smiley Happy

I really was in Tokyo - and arrived Kyoto today would you believe. The cherry blossoms in Tokyo were beautiful and close to full bloom; but are at their peak now here in Kyoto - we are lucky as apparently unseasonably warm this year and the blooming is a little ahead of normal. 

Am on a 7 night whirlwind package tour which means I'm finding that i will get home exhausted,with "impressions" of Japan and in total confusion and ignorance as to where I was and what I saw. Every time we do something in this way we vow "never again".....but obviously have short memories.

it is a beautiful country - hope you get back sometime - maybe 2017 for Aoi Matsuri!

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply