South Australia Record 11th July 1838 colonial newspaper

Any ideas on value?

Can't find digitized copies on Trove . It was printed in England as the SA Register (first SA newspaper) also originally was. Has 10 original letters of correspondence from SA settlers to their families or business associates back in England and a list of births deaths and marriages. and a report on the first SA anniversary governes dinner.

Approximately 8 pages with slight edge tears and creasing but not brittle. 14 written in pencil on the cover

the single edition probably came from a bound edition of the 34 odd copies as it has some binding string still attached.

scan0001.jpg

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: South Australia Record 11th July 1838 colonial newspaper

Sorry no clue as to value but nice find. It seems there are runs in several Oz libraries, and it also appears it is available as  microform. (I assume microfilm or microfiche.) You would think this is a very rare and desirable item but who knows? Put some astonishing starting price in auction format and see what happens. Good luck.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Hi Dave--had a search for you--cant help with a value-looks good to me.

Like Siddie mentioned--give it a go--start high--regards ....Richo.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

An 1854 Warrnambool Examiner went for 120.00 bucks at an Auction in Portland a few months back. Id assume it would be slightly less as the Examiner copy sold was mint condition and condition is everything with this sort of stuff especially books and the like.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply