What do you call this please?

go-tazz
Community Member

It's basically a heavy wall hanging with mirrored edges,(but does it have a "special" name?)

Does it have value as it would have to be a pick up item.

IMG_1595.JPG

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My own thought is that it is a print, the kind of idyllic sort of Mediterranean scene made popular by Leon Dore 1930's. The mirror edge frame has been added to make it more attractive. I can't tell if it is actually mirrored glass - the print may have silver foil edges.  I would guess it dates 1930s 1940s. They usually hang by quite heavy chains (because of their weight.) If it is all in very good condition, then I suppose it is worth what a framed print from that era would bring - $20-30 if you can find someone who wants it. But that's just my opinion. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Is it a tapestry (stitched) or a mural (painted) or a screen print? Is it on fabric?
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

My own thought is that it is a print, the kind of idyllic sort of Mediterranean scene made popular by Leon Dore 1930's. The mirror edge frame has been added to make it more attractive. I can't tell if it is actually mirrored glass - the print may have silver foil edges.  I would guess it dates 1930s 1940s. They usually hang by quite heavy chains (because of their weight.) If it is all in very good condition, then I suppose it is worth what a framed print from that era would bring - $20-30 if you can find someone who wants it. But that's just my opinion. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies,good.gif

It seems to have "smudges" at the top part of the print and it does hang on a thick chain.

There seems to be a glass border around the print and it seems to have a defined edge as if the print is

separate from the edge.

Might put it on FB or donate it to the oppie as it's been stored for years.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply