ebay absolutely sucks

3macca7
Community Member

I won an item fair and square at an ebay auction which was never delivered then 6 weeks later I get the following email from the conniving Seller...

When I tried to leave feedback of course its too late. When I tried to insist on delivery I was diverted to Paypal who simply refunded my money! What a con!

If this is how ebay operates then it really sucks

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: ebay absolutely sucks

I beg to differ.

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

You can use Reserves on all other eBay sites except eBay.com.au and eBay.de. (excluding vehicles and boats), they must be a reason... Furthermore, the likes of Sothebys, Christies and numerous and less famous auction houses are still in business and their practise is still, Reserved auctions... In August 2004 eBay Australia removed that possibility pretexting that auctions without reserves were more successful, we did not hear the full story (As far as I am concerned it is to increase further eBay's profits based on our specificities in Australia, dempographics, etc...)... The rest of the world can apply a Reserve when listing in the auction format, this change was a "country specific launch and no other sites were involved at this stage".

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

In any case, the choice should be left to us, sellers, eBay interfere too much in the selling process contrary to what they claim, sellers are fed up with the eBay 'nanny'  state of affairs, to this manipulation of them, sellers, to the exponentially increase in fees.

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

yes, ebay sucks and the world has had enough of eBay, time to move on...

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

jm.x
Community Member

I agree. eBay really sucks and does not protect buyers at all if the sellers change their mind and simply refuse to deliver the goods you win. I recently tried twice to buy a mobile sequentially and twice the seller refused to deliver and eBay does nothing but asked me to wait few days and then refund. I have to pay extra to use my old phone and plan during this period. I contacted eBay customer service and they told me tthey will log my complain but did nothing.

eBay truly sucks

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

eBay is great for bargains, especially for those whom have read the instructions and know how to use eBay.

image host
Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

Ebay sucks because it doesn't protect the sellers!

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

2 yr old thread folks .....

Happy days Man Very Happy

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

EBay sucks

I've noticed what EBay increasingly does now (although has also done in the past), is to remove items from your purchase history so there is no official record of purchase, when the items don't arrive. However, I always print out my orders so I have a copy of the order including pictures of the items and all the details regarding them. This information is now mysteriously and suddenly missing from my purchase history. I also have a credit card record of the total amount charged to my credit card and this does not correlate with the current purchase history (as the other items have been deleted by EBay!). Quite the scam, EBay - you suck big time!!

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

It might have sometihing to do with timeframes. Are you familiar with them? Or the fact that COVID-19 has affected postage world-wide for the last NINE months?

Or the fact that this thread is SIX years old, and has nothing to do with Coins,Stamps, Collectables & Antiques, but with BUYING? Another more relevant topic for your post, if it was relevant.

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply