help please with Bob Berg sterling silver belt buckle

Hello All, I have this Bob Berg belt that is stamped "Australia 1992" Bob Berg & Sterling is stamped on the buckle. I am pretty sure Bob Berg was a rodeo rider in Australia a few years ago but the only info I can find on google is a Bob Berg is texas. Does anyone know anything at all about Bob Berg or can point me in the right direction. thank you

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Bob Berg, the Australian Rodeo Cowboy (1979 World Titles Bareback Champion) feels a close affinity with the United States, so much so that he now calls it home.

Berg came to the United States in the early seventies with the ambition of becoming a force to be reckoned with amongst the top rough stock riders in this country. Shortly after arriving here he broke his leg at a bull riding jackpot.  This could have been considered bad luck, however this young man put his "down time" to good use, and used this period to learn the art of Silversmithing from renowned Master, Mark Drain, of Nevada.

Bob had discovered a new passion, and has spent the last twenty years striving to become the best in his field.  After returning to Australia he opened his business and was soon sought after by discerning buckle buyers. Bob continued to visit the United States primarily to ride saddle broncs (placing at P.R.C.A. rodeos such as Cheyenne, Pecos, and Calgary), and found an increasing interest in his work. Bob Berg takes a considerable amount of pride in his work, numbering and signing each original piece. They are fast becoming the most sought after trophy buckles in the Western industry, with collectors also appreciating them for their distinction.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you so much net_nanny & siddies, greatly appreciated 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

i used to work for Bob when he had Championship Rodeo Equipment in Adelaide he then moved to Calbar in Qld and has now moved back to the USA he can be found at http://www.bobbergdesigns.com/index.php hope this helps you

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

bob was one of the best bronk riders in australia and the U.S he spent a lot of time in texas..
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply