please help identify 100+ year old brooch

i have this  Brooch that i would love some help with identifying the hallmarks on the back. any help would be great. i know it is at least 100 years old as my great grandmother owned it i have a few others as well

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: please help identify 100+ year old brooch

Without seeing the back, it is a bit of speculation but I would guess this is costume jewellery; the verdigris where the rhinestones are missing is evidence these were foil backed rhinestones - I would be guessing 1950's, 1960's but it could be as early as as 1930's.

Again a photo of the back would be helpful but with these stones it is unlikely to be any precious metal; I would be guessing some white metal, like nickle, plastic pearl beads, blue paint. If complete in good order it would be quite attractive (though not valuable); however these missing stones would be virtually impossible to replace, and its value I'm afraid is very little. Of course if this is a family piece it doesn't really matter.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Without seeing the back, it is a bit of speculation but I would guess this is costume jewellery; the verdigris where the rhinestones are missing is evidence these were foil backed rhinestones - I would be guessing 1950's, 1960's but it could be as early as as 1930's.

Again a photo of the back would be helpful but with these stones it is unlikely to be any precious metal; I would be guessing some white metal, like nickle, plastic pearl beads, blue paint. If complete in good order it would be quite attractive (though not valuable); however these missing stones would be virtually impossible to replace, and its value I'm afraid is very little. Of course if this is a family piece it doesn't really matter.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

thankyou sooo much your answer was great

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

it would be good to see the back of the brooch with close up pictures of any marks, replacement rhinestones could possibly be available.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

the other thread has a picture of the back.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply