A Syrian reminder.

As many on here seem to think that the conflict in Syria is a Muslim versus the West war, I thought I would post a reminder that the majority of dead in this war are Muslims at the hands of a crazy army who seems to have declared war on everything especially their own people.

The uprising started because a small minority group came to power and targeted not only other minority groups (westerners, syrian christians, kurds etc) but also targeted the Sunni who make up the majority of the population in Syria.

This is a civil war. It is not a jihad. It is not a terrorist operative against the west directly.

I would also like to point out (for those who believe that halal labels fund terrorism) that I.S. is funded almost entirely by selling crude oil. So if you are really concerned about how terrorism is funded, then I suggest you stop filling up th gas tank.

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

A Syrian reminder.

Very good point, and vast majority of Muslims around the world are as worried about the state of affairs in Syrian and Iraq as we are.  It is very damaging trying to make this as if it is Islam  against "us" .

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

A Syrian reminder.

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

As many on here seem to think that the conflict in Syria is a Muslim versus the West war, I thought I would post a reminder that the majority of dead in this war are Muslims at the hands of a crazy army who seems to have declared war on everything especially their own people.

The uprising started because a small minority group came to power and targeted not only other minority groups (westerners, syrian christians, kurds etc) but also targeted the Sunni who make up the majority of the population in Syria.

This is a civil war. It is not a jihad. It is not a terrorist operative against the west directly.

I would also like to point out (for those who believe that halal labels fund terrorism) that I.S. is funded almost entirely by selling crude oil. So if you are really concerned about how terrorism is funded, then I suggest you stop filling up th gas tank.

It's a case of muslims killing muslims. They all (muslims) read the same owners' manual don't forget.

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

A Syrian reminder.

I don't think we need a lecture on how this murderous cult came into being, we don't need apologists for their actions and why they are taking them.

They are a murderous cult intent on murder and displaying their barbarous actions on social media.

They will be defeated and totally wiped out and the mad mullahs who dream of a muslim world will get theirs in the end just like Saddam Hussein did.

There is no possible excuse for them and anybody who tries to excuse their actions, well.......

Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

A Syrian reminder.

@lightningdance wrote:

I don't think we need a lecture on how this murderous cult came into being, we don't need apologists for their actions and why they are taking them.

They are a murderous cult intent on murder and displaying their barbarous actions on social media.

They will be defeated and totally wiped out and the mad mullahs who dream of a muslim world will get theirs in the end just like Saddam Hussein did.

There is no possible excuse for them and anybody who tries to excuse their actions, well.......

I must have missed the bit where I was giving a lecture. And I must have missed the bit where I was being an apologist. And I defintely missed the bit where I was making excuses for IS.

Please explain where I have done any of the above in my post.

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

A Syrian reminder.

@lightningdance wrote:

Nobody is excusing ISIL actions.   And if you think that Saddam Hussein was a mullah then you indeed need some lectures. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

A Syrian reminder.

@village_person wrote:

It's a case of muslims killing muslims. They all (muslims) read the same owners' manual don't forget.

What is the significance of your last sentence?

Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

A Syrian reminder.

BTW lightning, I assume you are going to stop buying petrol as it funds terrorist activities?

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

A Syrian reminder.

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

@village_person wrote:

What is the significance of your last sentence?

So i-need-a-martini  what should the world do about this?  about ISIS and the mass genocide of people?

Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

A Syrian reminder.

@***super_nova*** wrote:

@lightningdance wrote:

Nobody is excusing ISIL actions.   And if you think that Saddam Hussein was a mullah then you indeed need some lectures. 

I did not call Saddam Hussien a mullah.

If you want to continuously post to my posts then may I suggest you read them carefully before commenting. 

Message 10 of 36
Latest reply