A community update?

cee-dee
Community Member

Hiya folks, long time no see but have to seen the update to the UK boards? Have a look at my links eh? One is to the Round Table, the other is to the Community Update.

Do you fancy having the same down here? It hasn't had a good reception in the UK so as your board layout is the easy-to-use layout I wondered what you thought of it?

The Round Table - The eBay Community

Community Updates - The eBay Community

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 122
Latest reply
121 REPLIES 121

Re: A community update?

@bidicus*maximus wrote:

Looks terrible... cluttered and that giant box for each thread takes up FAR too much space.  Wouldn't be surprised if it's the death of your board... sorry... but eBay US has been killing boards for years.  First it was the, "groups" thing, creating tons of new boards while removing the "featured" status of the older ones and making them harder to find.  Then they began banning posters for the thinnest of reasons.  

Probably all boils down to them saving a buck.  I used to post on your gif thread, btw, but stopped when I could no longer get a free image host, since the UK board wouldn't host the images like the US does, or like they do here to a limited degree.

ie demise of the US pc forum, which may have triggered the general re-arrangements of the forums there : coincided  with to many treading on manufacturers toes by quoting OEM's for old model issues , the subject not being relevant to latest release models , hence bad pr for the hapless oem 

Message 91 of 122
Latest reply

@rogespeed wrote:

@bidicus*maximus wrote:

Looks terrible... cluttered and that giant box for each thread takes up FAR too much space.  Wouldn't be surprised if it's the death of your board... sorry... but eBay US has been killing boards for years.  First it was the, "groups" thing, creating tons of new boards while removing the "featured" status of the older ones and making them harder to find.  Then they began banning posters for the thinnest of reasons.  

Probably all boils down to them saving a buck.  I used to post on your gif thread, btw, but stopped when I could no longer get a free image host, since the UK board wouldn't host the images like the US does, or like they do here to a limited degree.

ie demise of the US pc forum, which may have triggered the general re-arrangements of the forums there : coincided  with to many treading on manufacturers toes by quoting OEM's for old model issues , the subject not being relevant to latest release models , hence bad pr for the hapless oem 

Is your premise related to anything? No. If you had bothered to wade through this thread, you would know that. Nothing to do with OEMs, nothing to do with any of your 'thoughts'.

Message 92 of 122
Latest reply

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

Why the need for SECRECY ?    ...........  I find that tad weird

lyhargr, only replying to you to answer your question.  The bulk of this reply is just to inform others about that process some of us were involved in.

As has been stated, while the ‘discussions’ were going on we were asked to not discuss it outside of that discussion thread.  The exact quote from that thread was:

I’m really looking forward to hearing from you all, oh and please, for the next week or so keep this between us. I’ll let you know when we’re ready to do a general announcement.

Yet it took FOUR yrs for the "stalking one" to say anything.  Given I have NO IDEA what she said or didnt say at this SECRET meeting, nor do I really care, so I owe her NOTHING.    

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

Yet it took FOUR yrs for the "stalking one" to say anything.

This whole thing has only now been made public because four years have passed, and this thread made the revelation relevant at this time.  Without this thread there would not have been any point in raising this.

To me this speaks volumes about the character of stawks . . . not wanting to grandstand and big note herself when CS was kept after the restructure.  As with those who were invited to that thread, confidences were kept until sufficient time has passed.  Even confidential cabinet documents are revealed after enough time has passed to make revealing their contents a non-issue.

Even on this thread stawks didn’t look to promote the pivotal role she played in saving the keeping of CS . . . it was I that revealed that.

If you’ve got any questions about what I contributed to that discussion then ask me.  I will not reveal specific details about what other posters contributed, and I won’t reveal the IDs of those not yet identified as being an invitee.

Message 93 of 122
Latest reply

@joz*garage wrote:

What's that doggie doing there ^ soon after i contributed to your thread?

Somewhere I said something about leaving people alone who leave me alone... where was that... hmmmmmm...

Message 94 of 122
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

I really don't give a flying boomerang - to whose ' artistic brilliance ' it is attributed - it's so called ' your thread '. LOL

You've single handedly managed to diss any claim of ' honesty '.

... and just when I thought that you were being nice and "welcoming" again... another trick...

"Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me" Smiley Wink

Message 95 of 122
Latest reply

For now , I would say that this has nothing to do with the changes to the UK boards.

Message 96 of 122
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

For now , I would say that this has nothing to do with the changes to the UK boards.

I couldn't agree more... and my first post was on topic... unfortunately, if I leave the picture thread and enter a chat one, I'm immediately pounced upon... Would you deny me the right to defend myself?

Message 97 of 122
Latest reply

@bidicus*maximus wrote:

@joz*garage wrote:

What's that doggie doing there ^ soon after i contributed to your thread?

Somewhere I said something about leaving people alone who leave me alone... where was that... hmmmmmm...

Naww, it is a picture thread after all, is it not?

Sorry if you take it all so personal.

Signatures suck.
Message 98 of 122
Latest reply

(100)

Signatures suck.
Message 99 of 122
Latest reply

I'm sorry folks, I only wanted to ask you what you thought about the changes they'd made to the UK forums, I didn't mean to start World War Three down here. Smiley Sad

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 100 of 122
Latest reply