A community update?

cee-dee
Community Member

Hiya folks, long time no see but have to seen the update to the UK boards? Have a look at my links eh? One is to the Round Table, the other is to the Community Update.

Do you fancy having the same down here? It hasn't had a good reception in the UK so as your board layout is the easy-to-use layout I wondered what you thought of it?

The Round Table - The eBay Community

Community Updates - The eBay Community

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 122
Latest reply
121 REPLIES 121

Re: A community update?

Any long running threads are now ' lost '.

Message 111 of 122
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

It is a worry, but I think the death knell is what they're aiming for

My guess is that the new format will work out just fine for the eBay business boards... newbie asks questions, it gets answers as it slides down, and then off, the page... 

Message 112 of 122
Latest reply

@bidicus*maximus wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

It is a worry, but I think the death knell is what they're aiming for

My guess is that the new format will work out just fine for the eBay business boards... newbie asks questions, it gets answers as it slides down, and then off, the page... 

That only works if the 'ask a question' at the top doesn't come up with suggestions. That often resurrects years-old threads, which won't show and the bumper's question won't get answered.

Message 113 of 122
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

I too just had a look at the US Board.

Good grief - if that happens here - it's whoosh.

Firstly the threads are only date based - meaning - the last newest thread stays ontop - being the latest date.

Any thread - like Blokes & Sheilas - will be so far back - due the date the thread was begun.

At the moment here - the last comment made on any thread goes to the top - if changed to the UK or US style - you would have to find the thread - scroll - scroll - scroll again - to find the last comment.

It's ridiculous - and would sound a death knell for here.

Whoever came up with this - isn't even residing on this planet.

Doesn't take you to the last post read either

They've got some tweaking to do.

Signatures suck.
Message 114 of 122
Latest reply

LOL - if you're not into minute by minute - post counts - ie - there is no other way to determine a further post to a thread - all is lost.

Community - very ' unfriendly ' . LOL

Message 115 of 122
Latest reply

Hiya again folks, I wonder if you'd be so kind as to pop over the the UK and add your weight to a little venture I've started there? It's a vote on whether people prefer the way the UK boards are at the moment or whether they prefer the way the board works in Australia?

Let's have a vote? - The eBay Community

Me? I want them to revert to the way they are in Oz.

Live long and prosper.

Message 116 of 122
Latest reply

Good luck, Cee-Dee... I've seen LOTS of complaints over changes to eBay over the years, but I don't remember a single time when they gave in and put things back to the way that they were.  Here's hoping that this time it's different...

Message 117 of 122
Latest reply

There's been all sorts of things done over the years, so many, I forget. Community managers have been and gone, some took notice, some were able to get things done, mostly they were young and very inexperienced (or at least, appeared  to be) and it seemed they'd been wheeled out to take the flack more than anything else.

Live long and prosper.

Message 118 of 122
Latest reply

Done - cee-dee.

I even earned ' badge '. LOL

Message 119 of 122
Latest reply

So did we 😄
Message 120 of 122