Adelaide's wet summer continues

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-06/adelaides-wet-summer-continues/8243568

here in wallaroo, 34mm in last 24hrs and its still raining. temp, low 20's

crazy thing is the forcast is for 40c on wednesday, 38c on thursday and 37c on friday!

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

As we in Melbourne usually get your weather this really interests me as we had a lot of rain last night and it's grey and wet today but the forecast for the week is fairly rainfree and mild, like late 20s.  Not that that's gospel as anything can happen here weatherwise.

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

Im in SW Vic, our weather comes across from Adelaide, 18mm of rain fell here yesterday but cant see any more predicted for the next week or so

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

I,m as happy as a pig in poo !!!!!    ..........I run sheep in the hills surrounding Adelaide and the wet summer has been magic for feed growth and water supplies.

The sheep are in fantastic shape which is always good when they are halfway through pregnancy and wool growth has been exceptional. We are making plans for lambing in 2-3 months time and have high hopes for a boomer lambing season. Fingers crossed as we have gambled all of our resources on trippling our sheep flock in the last two years to move away from ebay selling. So far it looks to be paying off with record wool and lamb prices available at the moment

All in all its a pretty exciting time to be a sheep grazier in the Adelaide hills................Send her down Hughie......Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

Farmers are pretty happy around these parts well, cattle  are bringing huge prices at auction, sheep are all fat n happy, sheds are full of hay   ..... So different to last Summer's drought  .....

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

first day of 3 over 41c days.....gad its hot!

change comming sometime sundat with luck.

foos flat out on the floor

rosies flat out on the floor

daves putting on a brave face and cooking tea.

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

Darn hot here as well David, hounds are all parked up inside with the ac going   ..... No decent rain expected here for at least a week

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

The heat is headed for Sydney by the end of the week when we have been told to expect 39+ for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The AC will be going flat out 24/7 and no cooking will be done.

My kitchen faces West and gets the full force of the afternoon sun.  It also leads onto a paved courtyard so even when the temperature drops it takes a while to filter through.

We will live on cold meats and salad for 3 or 4 days.

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

i hope everyone coping with high tempertures do not lose power.

here in south australia some people were cut off as there was not enough power generated. not because we didnt have generating capacity but the national power bosses (based in victoria) decided switching people off of was better than turning a second generator on.

this is why privatising power generation was a very short sighted idea. governments see the cash and ignore the results 'down the track'

we are now seeing many of our dirty coal fired generators being closed dow, i believe they have actually reached the end of their service lives and really need replacing with new generators of some kind.

in the old days the government owned everything, if a new power station was needed they would build one. private owners dont want to spend that money. they say to themselves, eh, we can make less money for a bit until demand drops.

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

When will the heatwave end?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-09/when-will-the-heatwave-end/8255994

ok we are all moving to lucky melbourne

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply